Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Iron Ranger boots

You'll love them! I have a pair of 8113 and 8119 - perfect!
I oscillated between both those colors. They are both awesome. I really liked the lighter ones but they weren't avail in my size. Figured the amber is a good compromise for the oxblood, which they didn't have either. I'm really excited about these. Haven't bought a pair of boots in a good five years. Jackets always trumped them and I just stuck with my chuck taylors, with some MEGA socks when it got cold.

Just got these finally. I have a LOT of boots, and I was very excited to get them. All in all, very impressed, but I will say that I think that Thorogood's premier lines are a bit better, overall.
I do love them, and I'd say maybe they run a 1/4 size larger than tagged. That's good for me as I wear merino wool all year long, and even after two days, I can feel them getting more comfortable.
These are the "muleskinner" model.
Yeah, it's 73ºf now...

IMG_3944.jpg

IMG_3945.jpg

IMG_3946.jpg

Last edited:
So Tony did these ever come in? How do they fit?
They did! Been wearing the heck out of them, especially since there's just the cold to contend with and no snow or ice. I can see where the sole wouldn't fair to well with freezing liquid. I love them and I'm definitely glad I went with my standard size.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just got these finally. I have a LOT of boots, and I was very excited to get them. All in all, very impressed, but I will say that I think that Thorogood's premier lines are a bit better, overall.
I do love them, and I'd say maybe they run a 1/4 size larger than tagged. That's good for me as I wear merino wool all year long, and even after two days, I can feel them getting more comfortable.
These are the "muleskinner" model.
Yeah, it's 73ºf now...

Great color
I'm looking at Beckmann 9013 red wing

IMG_3944.jpg

IMG_3945.jpg

IMG_3946.jpg

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
I have a few pair of Iron Rangers and Beckmans. I just picked up a pair in Rough and Tough Copper with the Vibram sole. Unlike my other pairs, they were quite comfortable out of the box. The leather is supple and the Vibram sole is a bit more cushioned and gives a bit more than the nitrile cork.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 622

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points