Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Regarding FiveStar inside pockets...

Formeruser012524

One of the Regulars
Would anyone be able to post pictures of the inside of some of FiveStar's specific A2 and G1 jackets? I'm interested in the inside pockets, how many and approximately how large they are. It would greatly help me regarding the custom jacket I'm working on.

Ideally I would want two inner pockets, one on each side in the mid to upper regions. Perhaps both with zippers, or one with a zipper and the other with a button (or without anything).

I'm particularly interested in the specific A2 and G1 inside pockets, most importantly how large they are... can you fit a box of tissues in there? A wallet? A passport/similar document? Any pictures (or even dimensions) are greatly appreciated. :)

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
There is a whole 5 star thread that gets plenty of traffic.
But, since we’re here, A2s don’t have inside pockets. You’d have to special request them and then could presumably make them any size you want.

Colin G

One Too Many
A zipper on an inside pocket will eventually show through the leather so you will see that zipper from the outside. I'd leave the pocket open unless you hang upside down a lot. Even a snap will show.

Formeruser012524

One of the Regulars
A zipper on an inside pocket will eventually show through the leather so you will see that zipper from the outside. I'd leave the pocket open unless you hang upside down a lot. Even a snap will show.
Wow, I honestly never noticed an inside pocket zipper from the outside. Seriously, not even once in any of the jackets I have. They are tiny zippers and don't in any way push hard enough into the leather for me to be able to notice them. Maybe you misunderstood me, or maybe I misunderstood you. I'm talking about simple pockets on the inner side (inner lining) of a jacket, with a thin zipper to close it. I don't like inside pockets that can't be closed. One non-closeable is fine, but not two. Anyway, thanks for your insight. I'll try to take a closer look to see if I can notice any of inside zippers on the outside.

Formeruser012524

One of the Regulars
I want to avoid continuing with this thread because, as was already mentioned above, there is a huge Five* thread already, so I've decided to post there instead regarding all specific Five* questions.

However, I'd just like to add one last thing, regarding post #4, and that is that I've checked all of my jackets that have inside pockets with zippers, and none of them, not a single one, shows anything on the outside. I've also looked at images of other jackets online, and couldn't notice anything like that either. Maybe I misunderstood what member Colin G was exactly saying? I don't know. I can imagine that an inside snap can certainly be visible on the outside, depending on several factors, but not a small horizontal zipper on the inner lining. If someone has any photos of what Colin G is talking about, it would be great if they could either post it here or, to avoid continuing with this thread, send it to me via private message. I'd really appreciate it. :)

If I understood him correctly, I just don't see it. Not even on very old jackets (20+ years).

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I think it depends on both the zipper and the leather used. Thin zipper and thick leather - won't show, no chance imo. Big chunky zipper and thin leather - may eventually show. Having said that - I have never seen an interior zipper show through - there are not that many jackets with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ