Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Regius Made Leather Jacket

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Did you dye the zips yourself? How did you do it?

Besides, on a completely off the subject question, where do you manage to mine your deadstock stuff? I wanna find a nice pin buckle to use on a half belt

I saw a terrifying attempt at zip dyeing here once. Someone had gotten a NOS 1940s Crown or something then covered it with smudgy marker. I turned into that wincing meme.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Did you dye the zips yourself? How did you do it?
They're untouched, still brown. They match the color of the pocket lining :)

IMG_5233.jpeg
IMG_5234.jpeg
IMG_5235.jpeg
IMG_5236.jpeg

Besides, on a completely off the subject question, where do you manage to mine your deadstock stuff? I wanna find a nice pin buckle to use on a half belt
Etsy

https://www.etsy.com/nl/shop/Leathe...ount&listing_id=740450506&search_query=Buckle

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Reginald went above and beyond to get those pleats absolutely perfect. The first iterations he flattened the tube from top to bottom. Then he noticed that the originals had the pleats folded towards the side panels so he redid them that way. He still wasn't happy because the pleats were totally straight yet the originals had a slight bend towards the top, like flames. So he redid them once more folding the pleats towards the side panels but this time only flattening the base and not the top, creating a more playful look than the perfectly straight pleats.

View attachment 531923

View attachment 531929
Admittedly I'm not a fan of these Logan's claws pleats (maybe they look better if they're flattened due some wear, as seen on originals, or you can hammer it down to speed up the process, lol) the heavy leather isn't my thing either, but I can say a fantastic jacket in terms of workmanship and materials used, congratulations to you both.

Edit:@Marc mndt
You have acquired a considerable collection of excellent jackets in no time. Now it's time to take stock, smile...
I'd like to hear from you which three jackets you would call the top three and why. I only refer to reproductions (regius, fl, thedi etc.) I'm not interested in the originals and no relation to the fit (because this is a spec thing) just craftsmanship & materials... would be cool to hear from you, thank you! :)

Last edited:

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Ever since I got into this hobby I loved the design of this '30s /'40s Californian Mfg.Co aviator. I've seen a couple in brown goatskin and some in black horsehide. Some with longer body lengths but most are fairly short. Unfortunately I've never been able to find an original in my size. Therefore I really had just one option which was to have one reproduced.

Last year we've seen Reginald make a couple of amazing repro's which absolutely stand out in terms of craftsmanship but even more important, they stand out in terms of fit. His jackets don't look like modern reproductions (which often come with narrow sleeves and shoulders), they look like the real deal.

Lucky for me Regius was interested in reproducing the California mfg aviator for me, it turned out it is a design he really likes himself. Totally up his alley.

This was not an easy jacket to make. Reginald worked lots of long nights to fine tune the pattern. It was especially challenging to get the shape of the collar and lapels right but also the shape and curvature of the sleeve. Het made numerous test sleeves and at least three full leather test jackets (of which he shipped the first one to me).

For me personally this was the most fun custom project I've ever done. Reginald spots each and every detail and is almost obsessive in reproducing those details exactly like the original. Moreover, he likes to add interesting details which he has seen on vintage jackets he owned.

Enough said, I'll let the pics do the rest of the talking.

This is the first test jacket, you can see the collar, lapels and sleeves needed adjusting.

IMG_0092.jpeg

D70936FF-3D7B-48C6-9082-187811527716.jpeg

The final result

FullSizeRender.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpeg
IMG_5641.jpeg
IMG_5647.jpeg
IMG_5665.jpeg
IMG_5667.jpeg
IMG_5678.jpeg
IMG_5680.jpeg

Last edited:

Nacho

Practically Family
Ever since I got into this hobby I loved the design of this '30s /'40s Californian Mfg.Co aviator. I've seen a couple in brown goatskin and some in black horsehide. Some with longer body lengths but most are fairly short. Unfortunately I've never been able to find an original in my size. Therefore I really had just one option which was to have one reproduced.

Last year we've seen Reginald make a couple of amazing repro's which absolutely stand out in terms of craftsmanship but even more important, they stand out in terms of fit. His jackets don't look like modern reproductions (which often come with narrow sleeves and shoulders), they look like the real deal.

Lucky for me Regius was interested in reproducing the California mfg aviator for me, it turned out it is a design he really likes himself. Totally up his alley.

This was not an easy jacket to make. Reginald worked lots of long nights to fine tune the pattern. It was especially challenging to get the shape of the collar and lapels right but also the shape and curvature of the sleeve. Het made numerous test sleeves and at least three full leather test jackets (of which he shipped the first one to me).

For me personally this was the most fun custom project I've ever done. Reginald spots each and every detail and is almost obsessive in reproducing those details exactly like the original. Moreover, he likes to add interesting details which he has seen on vintage jackets he owned.

Enough said, I'll let the pics do the rest of the talking.

This is the first test jacket, you can see the collar, lapels and sleeves needed adjusting.

View attachment 533028
View attachment 533029

The final result

View attachment 533030 View attachment 533031 View attachment 533032 View attachment 533033 View attachment 533034 View attachment 533035 View attachment 533036 View attachment 533037
This is tremendous. This jacket is surely one hell of a thing, ain't it? Wow, just wow.

jauregui

Familiar Face
That is a nice thickness. I was wondering does it feel dense? How heavy is the jacket? Love that deep brown. I better get in line before they sell out on that color. Lastly, how would you compare it with a Horween CXL?

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I must say, you’ve come a long way with your style. Perhaps you haven’t gone full vintage but you most certainly look it in this fit. Boots are really cool too man, very unique.
Thanks bud, I finally realized that vintage style jackets and low rise slim fit jeans aren't the best match lol.

I found these button boots on my recent trip to Japan. They're from a maker called Chausser. Their shoes and boots are a bit more dressy than boots from makers like Brass Tokyo, The Boots Shop (Rolling Dub Trio) Skoob or what have you.

IMG_2505.jpeg
IMG_3956.jpeg
IMG_3954.jpeg

That is a nice thickness. I was wondering does it feel dense? How heavy is the jacket? Love that deep brown. I better get in line before they sell out on that color. Lastly, how would you compare it with a Horween CXL?
The jacket weights 2,8 kg which is about 6.2 lbs according to Google. The temper is comparable to thick deerskin but slightly denser. Horween CXL is very stiff and waxy, this is not that.

Out of the box the HO doesn't have much color depth. I think the color depth will get better with wear as the naked hide will absorb oils and fats but I'm impatient so I gave it a coat of clear Urad to instantly enhance the color depth.

E054ECA2-7EC5-4587-9621-1F06B1603C60.jpeg
E03D4629-0085-493B-A331-14ED116E8E90.jpeg

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
@Marc mndt Looks great. Awesome project.

But wait, so your jacket is dark brown (brown with Urad coating) and not black Hermann Oak right? I got in the queue for the natural one. Can't wait to check out this hide in person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran