Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Release dates for 78's

zaika

One Too Many
Okay...so I've been able to find information about most all of my 78's (in my measly collection) except for four.

Can anyone help me find release dates for these records? Maybe?

Okay:

1. Parlophone R 2146 Bessie Smith, TAKE ME FOR A BUGGY RIDE (Wilson) and GIMME A PIGFOOT (Wilson)

2. Decca 25149A Andrews Sisters w/ Vic Schoen and Orch., RED RIVER VALLEY (Arr: Lou Knox) and 25149B DOWN IN THE VALLEY (Frank Luther)

3. RCA Victor 20-1642 SAMMY KAYE & HIS ORCHESTRA, ALL OF MY LIFE and JUST A PRAYER AWAY

4. Capitol 15121 Spike Haskell and the Jolly Millers Lover’s Waltz and Sailor’s Polka

Any help would be so appreciated. I'm also open (I'll look myself, too) to being directed to record nerd forums. Thanks!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Phil Schaap

Send an email to Phil Schaap at WKCR. He'll probably know the answer off the top of his head, without having to look it up. When you're done cataloging your 78's, you can come to NY and catalog mine. I'm lucky to finally have them in proper boxes, instead of stacked in milk crates. I'll make you dinner! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR