Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reline a vintage leather jacket in the UK

NoHorse

One of the Regulars
I'm eyeing a vintage leather jacket (not Aero Leathers) that could do with a new lining. It's not a collectable or anything, I simply want it wearable, so "authenticity" is not a factor. Also, as a "nice to have" I'd want the large-ish collar cut down - if that's possible.

A call to Aero Leathers reveals that they have a long waiting list, and would not want to change the collar.

Can anyone suggest alternatives in the UK?

Thanks!

NoHorse

One of the Regulars
Thanks robrinay. I gave Byson Leather a call. They have a shorter waitlist, yet appear to have a higher charge than Aero Leathers. I'm still evaluating the jacket...

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
BN, just beat me to it, I was going to suggest them as well. I haven't had anything repaired by them but I have 2 jackets from them which I'm happy with and I know they've repaired stuff for Loungers before. Might be worth giving them a buzz and at least having a chinwag with them.

Plumbline

One Too Many
Simmons Bilt would do it, as would many of the small bespoke M/C jacket repairers e.g. Rachel Dobbs at Dobbs Leathers in Northampton, Bikers Paradise in Coventry, Bison ( as mentioned above), Hill4Leather, LancashireSportsRepairs and many others. I've had work done by SB, Dobbs and Bikers Paradise ( all on Aero jackets I've bought 2nd hand ... sleeve shortening, collar alteration, relines and buckle repairs ) and all have been excellent with quick turn around and top class work.

Welsh dan

New in Town
[ 2090368, member: 22515"]I'm eyeing a vintage leather jacket (not Aero Leathers) that could do with a new lining. It's not a collectable or anything, I simply want it wearable, so "authenticity" is not a factor. Also, as a "nice to have" I'd want the large-ish collar cut down - if that's possible.

A call to Aero Leathers reveals that they have a long waiting list, and would not want to change the collar.

Can anyone suggest alternatives in the UK?

Thanks![/QUOTE]
If you are near london I could recommend a tailor on shepherds bush Road. It cost me £65 to reline an A2 jacket.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cobra Leathers Swindon is another option, I've used them for vintage original nylon jacket work (knit replacement etc) as well as alterations on ELC Leather jackets :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner