Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Remix Shoes!!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Isn't it just! I am wearing my own ones today in protest and given that I got an extra nice compliment from a stranger today, I couldn't disagree more. Luckily, most of the respondents to the article feel the same.

texasgirl

One Too Many
I got my Dara's. They are a little snug, but I think they'll stretch out some. I'm going to put some rubbing alcohol on the inside and walk around with some thick socks- indoors of course ;) The red is a darker red than I expected though. I'll try to take a picture this weekend.

http://www.remixvintageshoes.com/darared.html

I have to say- when I first saw the wedges 3 yrs ago, when I started this whole vintage clothing thing, I thought they looked orthopedic too. They have definitely grown on me. I plan on wearing these with my "normal" clothes, so I'm curious to see what kind of comments I get!

Lily Powers

Practically Family
A pox on that reporter who said the Re-mixes were "orthopedic!" So many people think the only shoe that can be attractive on a woman is a high, spikey heeled pump. And yeah, those shoes are certainly eye-catching, and I'd be fibbing if I didn't admit I own a couple, but they're obvious and not that unique. What I like about Re-mix is that when their shoes are on the foot, they have the most beautiful lines that show off the leg and ankle. Worn with something other than vintage or vintage-inspired, might not be the best pairing and in such a match-up, the Re-mix would take the brunt of any criticism. But really, "orthopedic?!" Ouch.:(

LizzieMaine

Bartender
And the fact is, most shoes worn an everyday basis by women in the '40s would get the same cry of "orthopedic!" by the self-appointed fashion cops of today. Skyscraper heels had their place, but you wouldn't see them often on the feet of housewives at the grocery store.

Miss Von T. of course has her own standard to uphold -- but I bet even she has sore feet once in a while.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
lazydaisyltd said:
Found this link on Fleur's blog....Dita Von Teese in some super-cute Remixes...http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...lamorous-heels--orthopaedic-granny-shoes.html

I really love this style, and the color is really nice with pale legs (which believe me, I have...).
I somewhat agree with them. If she had worn the same shoe in a red that matched the dress, they wouldn't have looked so orthapedic. That dress might be hard to match, but for some reason, the shoes don't seem to go with the dress.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Seeing Dita walk on grass in those lovely shoes just made me think that they will be perfect to wear to music festivals this summer (Roskilde! :D )! They are lovely and that model especially really follows the shape of the ankle and foot in an elegant way.

Anyone own a pair of these? It's the L'Amour.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Fleur De Guerre said:
Yep, I do! That's what I was posting about (on my Twitter... which you are following LC! lol)

Oh, they are lovely granny! lol

6526745.jpg

lazydaisyltd

One of the Regulars
kamikat said:
I somewhat agree with them. If she had worn the same shoe in a red that matched the dress, they wouldn't have looked so orthapedic. That dress might be hard to match, but for some reason, the shoes don't seem to go with the dress.

I agree that the shoes don't go with that dress--the style is just kind of too clash-y for me. She usually has ensembles I love--but in this case I like the shoes and dress separately but not together.

I do like seeing Dita wear a more casual shoe than usual--fun & different. She has said in interviews that she doesn't really "dress down"...but even burlesque divas want to be a little comfy at a hot outdoor concert, I guess. lol

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
I'm considering purchasing some sandals or wedges for a trip to Europe this summer. The only problem is that I'm unsure of how comfortable they will be after hours of walking and some cobblestone streets. When I'm casual I'm normally a jeans and converse girl but I'd like to wear a lot of cute summer dresses for the trip. I'm trying to limit the amount of shoes that I bring and it seems like sandals or wedges should go with everything. Do you think Remix will work for me?
I'm looking at these two right now:
ref=dp_image

daragoldred2bg.gif

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Have you considered a pair of Keds as a vintage-looking alternate that won't feel too different on your feet from Converse? White Keds can also work with light summer dresses or retro styled shorts.

I think those sandals look pretty comfy, though.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Audrey Horne said:
I'm considering purchasing some sandals or wedges for a trip to Europe this summer. The only problem is that I'm unsure of how comfortable they will be after hours of walking and some cobblestone streets. When I'm casual I'm normally a jeans and converse girl but I'd like to wear a lot of cute summer dresses for the trip. I'm trying to limit the amount of shoes that I bring and it seems like sandals or wedges should go with everything. Do you think Remix will work for me?
I'm looking at these two right now:
ref=dp_image

daragoldred2bg.gif

texasgirl just got those shoes, maybe she can tell you whether they are comfortable enough? :)

Audrey Horne

Practically Family

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy