Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

renovations

varga49

One of the Regulars
Well, Since Art isn't doing renovations any longer. Does any one have any recommendations for someone doing quality hat renovations? I mean, I'd hate to send out my favorite vintage hat and have a disaster returned to me! Any Ideas?

varga49

One of the Regulars
what good fortune!

I'll do just that..I'll be heading toi the windy city next month for a trade show. I'll look him up. Thanks Mat!

North Valley

New in Town
Renovations!

. I sold Art all my vintage ribbon when he started out.Hello,
My name is Rodney Allison. I own North VAlley HAt Co. in Salem, Oregon.
I have been making high end custom felt hats for nearly 23 years now and finally consider myself to be a true "Master Hatter.
I have a web site, but I understand that I can not post it here.
I do full renovations as well as minor repairs.
My main clientel is in the western market, but I make very very fine fedoras, bowlers, derbies and many other "dress Hats".
Please contact me if you seek my assistance.
Thank You Sincerely
Rodney Allison
North Valley Hat Co.
PS. I sold Art all my vintage ribbon when he started a few years ago.
He is one fine man.

varga49

One of the Regulars
Thanks Rodney

Rodney, Thanks! perhaps you'll pm me with your contact information.

I tried to pm you but your public profile lacks that feature!

vonwotan

Practically Family
fur hat restoration

Hello All - In addtion to needin a couple fedoras cleaned and re-blocked, I have one beaver fur hat that could use some TLC. The pelts are just starting to come unstiched on the crown, and I would like to replace the silk lining and headbant. That too is coming loose. Do you know anyone who works on fur, especially here in Boston, New York, or the East Coast?
Thank you,
Rafe

North Valley

New in Town
reception

Hello all,
It's very nice to see that I am received well here.
Being new to this, I am not too clear on how to use this forum site and have little time to spend here. But, I will do my best to gain insight of how this all works.
Thank You All Sincerely for the Welcome.
Rodney
PS. I have witnessed hostility, envy, and bad things amoungst hatters in my years, but it seems the hatters and fans of hats here are different in attitude. SUPER!!!
My phylosophy is that none of us can even think about supplying everyone with all the hats they want. Room for all in this world of hatting.
Quite a journey! :)

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks for noticing Rodney, you'll find alot more sanity and manners here. No need to speak of other forums, just know there is always room here for quality gents, hatters or not.
I'm glad you are here

varga49

One of the Regulars
Thanks Art, Welcome Rodney, and Hey Zemke!!

Art I appreciate the help! Rodney I've contacted you via your web site, and will be sending you a hat or two before the spring thaw! Zemke..I've been out of commission for a spell...but will be back from time to time! Thanks for the welcome back my friend!

Bart

Familiar Face
Hat repair and supplies

Is there a source for hat liners? Seems there was a post recently to beware of one company to stay away from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran