Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction 1940's Women's Spectator Pumps Now Available...

RemberOurVets

New in Town
Hello to all of my fellow WWII re-enactor ladies
icon_smile.gif

I am very excited to announce that Mr. and Mrs. Frank Jardim of Vintage Ordnance Co. are now selling a correct pair of 1940's spectator pumps that are available for purchase. I met them last year at the Show of Shows in KY and they have been amazing to work with. I know how hard it is to find a correct pair of shoes. I am amazed at how spot on these are. Plus, we all have multiple opportunities to dress in our best at the Saturday dances etc. This would be a correct and fun addition to your wardrobe.

I sent actual pictures of 1940's shoes and ad from a catalog to Mr. Jardim. Communication was constantly going on via emails. To see the shoes for sale and ad that was sent, please go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/87737596@N07/

If interested in purchasing a pair...here is the information

Color: Brown and White (more 1940's color options will be available depending on the popularity of the shoe).

Sizes: in whole sizes 7, 8, 9 & 10.

Cost: 95.00 per pair plus shipping and handling.

Contact information:
Vintage Ordnance Co. LLC
222 Quarry Ridge Court East
Elizabethtown, KY 42702
Phone: 270-505-3379
Fax: 732-582-2526
Email: fjardim@vintageordnance.com

I want to stress that I am not making any kind of profit off of any sales. I promised Mr. and Mrs. Jardim that I would spread the word once the shoes were completed :).

If you have any more questions, please contact Frank or Odessa.

Sincerely Yours and Merry Christmas to all,

Christine E. Albin

Last edited:

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Do you happen to know where these shoes are made? (Country of origin.)

To post a picture in a post you need to host it elsewhere (like Flicker) and link to it using the image button that occurs on the menu when you are typing a message.

lareine

A-List Customer
Those are probably way out of my budget but wow, they are beautiful. I'd love a pair if I could find them in New Zealand.

JustFine

New in Town
Yes, shortly before Christmas, my budget is too small and gifts for me are already bought...what a pity. But they look wonderful.

RemberOurVets

New in Town
Hello all - My apologies for not including this within the original post. Just to give you a price point comparison - Remix Vintage makes a Spectator Pump called Baby Jane, but they want $152.00 + shipping and handling for their shoe. Downside - the Baby Jane has a 3 and one-fourth inch heel (way too high if you want to be historically accurate). I have flipped through original 1940's magazines several times. The highest heel height seems to be 2 and a half inches (Sears etc.). No offense Remix. I am sure that they are great shoes, but am grateful that Mr. and Mrs. Jardim have created a product that is more fit for the WWII era and the restrictions that were put in place at the time.

Personally, i think these are reasonable and am already in for one pair. However, I understand that everyone has a budget and am super happy with all of the viewings. Hope you will help in spreading the word. Mrs. Jardim just sent me an email. The spectator shoes should be on their website by tomorrow (12/18/2012) at http://www.vintageordnance.com/

Thanks a bunch all - Happy Shopping if you do decide to purchase.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I have always read about heel heights, but I've seen literally dozens of photographs of women in the 1940s wearing heels that are at least 3" if not 4" with a platform. I know for servicewomen (I used to reenact) there were heel height regulations, but it seems that in the civilian sector higher heels did happen. I do think shorter heels were probably much more commonplace. I'm not trying to argue, but I don't think Remix's version is inaccurate.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Those are lovely. When I get a new job I might have to invest in a pair. Too bad they don't make the lace up kind in the add too

RemberOurVets

New in Town
To Grant Fan

Dear Grant Fan,

Frank and Odessa of Vintage Ordinance wanted to see how well the spectator pumps sell first. If popular enough, they are willing to work with my mother and I to make other styles of 1940's shoes. Don't forget, they also sell the U.S. Women's Marine Corp shoe which is nice :).

Sincerely yours,
Christine E. Albin

wahine

Practically Family
That's so true, and a pity. Every time I tell someone that I can't wear high heels without a Mary Jane kind strap because of my small heels, they tell me: "get Italian shoes, they are more narrow". Well, it's not that easy to get Italian shoes, esp. when you have a limited budget.

lareine

A-List Customer
That's so true, and a pity. Every time I tell someone that I can't wear high heels without a Mary Jane kind strap because of my small heels, they tell me: "get Italian shoes, they are more narrow". Well, it's not that easy to get Italian shoes, esp. when you have a limited budget.
I have the opposite problem - I keep seeing cute second-hand shoes online and then having to pass them by because they are Italian and won't fit on my wide feet! I learned that lesson the hard way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo