Reproduction Western Belts

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Mr Badger, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Edward

Edward Bartender

I'm fairy sure that into the mid 70s, the Pistols rehearsed there - or maybe recorded the early Chris Spedding-produced demos? Memory not what it was...

Nice looking Straps! My much-loved American Strat turns twenty next Summer, so maybe when Christmas is out of the way I might treat the old beast to a new strap as an early birthday present...

2. belopsky

belopsky One of the Regulars

Bumping a very old thread but:

Any one making western belts still? Warpath has not been on this forum since.. 2014? Their blog hasn't been updated in a while and the Facebook page not since October 2015. Emails/messages have gone unanswered.

I know John (VEB) will be back to making some, and I found a couple on Etsy from Spain that makes some.

Ace Leather I cannot afford.

3. Justhandguns

Justhandguns Practically Family

I tried to email Warpath just before it stopped updating. I've got a respond but then when I tried to order the belt, there was absolutely no respond at all. I am also tempted to try out the some Etsy sellers. Other than the Spanish one, there are a few from Japan on there as well, you just need to do a more thorough search.

I am also tempted to make one myself, but I need to get a quote from StandardRivets to see how it goes.

4. belopsky

I don't know if Matt is on this site much but he still updates his other blog, rivet-head..so he's around..

5. Dickie Teenie

Dickie Teenie A-List Customer

I bought some Standard Rivet studs and jewels along with the setters some North and Judd and Sam Browne double prong buckles. I had them sent to my son in Iowa and will picking them up this spring along with some Herman Oak leather, I've also bought some Sheridan carving tools as well. For some reason I find it hard to find leather here in Europe that's priced right or sold in small number of skins per order. Looking forward to making some belts

6. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

Has anyone heard from Mr. Badger?

7. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

8. belopsky

I heard back from Matt. He will be making me a belt :)

9. Dinerman

Dinerman Super Moderator Bartender

MONTANA

[​IMG]

handymike and Feraud like this.
  10. Sheepdog149

Sheepdog149 Practically Family

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

handymike, dh66, Feraud and 1 other person like this.
  11. Picked this up at Goodwill last night for $3.00. Any info you can share about it would be most appreciated. Age, manufacturer (can't quite make out the stamping), etc.

Belt_1.png

Belt_2.png

Belt_3.png

Belt_4.png

handymike, dh66 and Desert dog like this.
  12. Desert dog

Desert dog My Mail is Forwarded Here

BobHufford likes this.
  13. Thanks Ed! They have been in business since 1938 apparently. I will reach out and see if they can decode the model number.