Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

REQ: Photos of non-brown, non-Indy Adventurebilts (+ Reg vs Dlx)

Marc

Vendor
Here are some quick outside pictures that I just took. I've losened up the front pinch a little in the meanwhile:

DSCN0961.jpg

DSCN0959.jpg

Regards,

Marc

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I was thinking that too. It looks like it's made of mercury which, in terms of looks, is a good thing.

Justdog

Practically Family
Pretty much Artwork

Marc said:
Dear all,

Dear all,

Custom made 45 and 25mm dark brown ribbon, made from the same manufacturer who made the Raiders ribbon back in 1981:

As always, any feedback is appreciated.

Regards,

Marc

Look like masterworks to me, rich and detailed amazing shape enough to invite even the non hat wearer to reach for.

ken100

Familiar Face
My fed 4

This is a pic of my fed four, cost me about $107 aus, about $70 bucks us, I love this hat, its stunning, Im not sure what can be so much better for $ 400 odd us dollars, mind u Ive not touched an adventurbilt maybe they are way to cool for school. Having said that Ive spent lots of dosh on things that some just dont get, so what ever floats your boat!!!!
Ken
DSC_0147.jpg

le.gentleman

Familiar Face
Zohar said:
Felter in Portugal, I believe. I think Graham at Optimo gets his bodies from them too.

Both, Optimo and adventurebuilt deluxe use felts from Feltros Portugueses S.A. (FEPSA) from São João da Madeira in Portugal. The hats in the new movie "Public Enemies" were made by Optimo and for Johnny Depp's hat they specifically created a "50X Black Rubby" felt accordding to “ Ricardo Figueiredo of Fepsa.
Apparently, Mr. Kitter has to place a minimum order of 50 bespoke felts which are 30% denser than regular FEPSA felts and that's as dense as FESPA can produce it.
From what I read it seems to me that FEPSA deserves praise when it comes to the felt quality, although the makers also improve the quality and hence should also be praised. E.g. Mr. Kitter pounces the felt with 2000 grit sandpaper in order to get a very smooth surface which looks very luxurious. That's of course a lot of work that goes into it but every hatmaker should be able to buy FEPSA felts. However, Ricardo Figueiredo also says that Graham Thompson from Optimo is an exceptional hatter.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Here are some quick outside pictures that I just took. I've losened up the front pinch a little in the meanwhile:
DSCN0959.jpg

Regards,

Marc

Still the greatest looking finish I've seen on a new hat - possibly any hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy