Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Request feedback from members on hat

snowslider

New in Town
what do i know about hats yet.. but here goes an opinion.

i like the last 2, maybe because the jacket adds a western feel, but i think they loked best.

why does the one with the glasses remind me of the old TV show dallas... was that JR?(i hope that was not offensive.) i wasnt able to watch the show it was too adult oriented, "ris-kay" and i think after my bedtime.

i'm not much of a western favorer, but i think you wear the "reno" quite well.
that would be my favorite for you.

Akubra Guy

New in Town
Vintage Borsalino, Whippet and Stetson Reno are classic and complement you equally well. The others don't work as well even though they are nice hats. Vintage Nutria Stetson seems out of balance--too short crown. You can do western, just in a taller crown.

The cat now, is priceless!!

KilroyCD

One Too Many
From one Pumpkin head to another...

All look good on you, but I like the Stetson Temple and the Vintage Borsalino the best. IMHO they both look equally good on you.

jeboat

One of the Regulars
Art is right!

I have to agree with the master. Art has the same tastes(eyesight) as moi. You have a large head and face and therefore wider brims and taller crowns are always goona look better on you.

jeboat:) :) :)

Inf_Blue

New in Town
I hope I don't offend - when someone asks for honesty, I tend to be rather brutally honest.

#1, 6: These hats look a little too small for your head. Is it that the crown is too short?
#2, 4, 5: Good colours and fits for you. These are great hats, just not the same as #3.
#3: The hat and shades combo is sick, if you don't mind the term. You've found a hat that looks excellent on you.

Overall, the Borsalino is a huge hit, and you seem to look better in a taller crown. I'm jealous of your collection. They are all hats that I would want.

flylot74

One of the Regulars
I want to thank everybody for the feedback. It was very informative. The consensus is:

I look best with a larger straight crown. Though 2 1/2" brim was OK, most liked the 2 3/4 and 3" brims:

1. Vintage Borsolino took top honors: the tall straight crown with 2 3/4" brim
2. Stetson 10X Reno with tall straight crown and 3" brim
3. Very close 3rd place went to the Vintage Whippet, also with a tall straight crown.

A few like the Stetson Temple. However, it was a side view. A later frontal picture revealed another tapered crown. Now if I could find something that looked like that with a non tapered crown, I'm, as we say in Texas, "in bidnez!"

Now I've got something to work with. I never was aware of how a tapered crown or crown height effected the appearance of a hat on people, I thought it was all about the brim width. Not so!. Thank you Art for being the first to point it out. Wow! After looking at my low crowned brown Borso, I realize I look like Jack in the hamburger commercial! lol

I appreciate the honesty and candor folks. I've learned a lot about hats. Thank again everyone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24