Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Resistol Regent from eBay

PutALidOnIt

One of the Regulars
Just received this one and am thrilled. My apologies to Fedoralover, since we both lowballed this one, :rolleyes: but we all need a good catch (steal) once in a while...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180000841400

I have come to favor these old Resistols; they are firm, yet pliable, and seem very forgiving to minor bash mistreatment. I guess while the Borso's and Stetsons are the hot items, I'll just stick to hunting for the Resistols, Adams, and Lees...

PutALidOnIt said:
Just received this one and am thrilled. My apologies to Fedoralover, since we both lowballed this one, :rolleyes: but we all need a good catch (steal) once in a while...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180000841400

I have come to favor these old Resistols; they are firm, yet pliable, and seem very forgiving to minor bash mistreatment. I guess while the Borso's and Stetsons are the hot items, I'll just stick to hunting for the Resistols, Adams, and Lees...

Holy Crimony! You even got the original care instructions under the sweatband for $15?! :eek: That was one heck of a deal. Too bad its not my size. ;)

Regards,

J

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
No apologies needed my friend, I only placed a bid because it didn't look like anyone else was going to. That is a great hat, please show us some pics when you get it.

fedoralover

PutALidOnIt

One of the Regulars
Mugs for the Mugs

Thanks! You guys are real masochists - but I'll spare you with only one shot of my ugly mug; the rest of the lid...
It is a real light chocolate milkshake brown - for those who know, it's the color of Fender's earliest brown tolex from '59-'60 - a perfect match!

ResistolRegent1.jpg

Downsized the images of the lid...will try again after refresh...

PutALidOnIt

One of the Regulars
Reasonably sized pics...

I find the slant to the bow wrap especially interesting...

The first one is closest to the real color, at least on my monitor:
ResistolRegent4a.jpg

ResistolRegent3.jpg

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Classy hat!

Still haven't found a Resistol fedora in my size.
I'll live vicariously. Thanks for sharing the photos.

PutALidOnIt

One of the Regulars
Thanks, guys!

I have 4 Resistols and I find that their finishes have a feel that I favor - especially the Beaver Twenty with the Kitten Finish; they seem to have an intangible softness that, to my touch, is different from the Stetsons and other mainline lids. My only homberg is a Resistol probably around 1960 (backbow) and even being a relatively stiff hat, it just feels softer to the touch.

Thanks, Jake...so when does production start on that movie we were gonna make???[huh] lol I'm running all 44's and 45's now...no pipsqueak calibers for me...Bowling pins must die

REDKNIGHT1775

New in Town
Nice, Congrads!!!

I had also bid on that hat, I am glad it went to some one that will appreciate it and wear it with pride. Looks good on you, enjoy!:eusa_clap

Razzman

One Too Many
What a great find!!!!!

A very sharp hat. Looks good on you too.:eusa_clap Great light brown color. I think the color is great. What are the crown and brim dimensions? I just purchased a resistol on ebay. Probably paid more than I should. Will post when received.

PutALidOnIt

One of the Regulars
Hey, the pleasure's all on this side of the table, gents (and ladies)!

The essentials on the Resistol are:
Brim: 2 7/8" front, 2 3/4" back
Crown as bashed: front peak is 5 1/4", 4" back
It wanted to go to a natural diamond, so I left it that way. I didn't have any others that wanted to go that way naturally, so life is good!

And, sorry RedKnight I wasn't yet familiar with your ID, so mild apologies!:eek: I tend to believe that we thrifties-under-fifty do have a bit more license to compete at the gavel than do the $100-and-up gang, with all due respect to fellow loungers.

I am a pack-rat "accumulator", not a collector. I wear all of my hats and, here in Fla, one tends to perspire 10 months out of the year, so I am reluctant to go for something new from Art or Steve (though I have a couple of Bob's lightweight brisas - a bargain, I think). I cringe at wrecking a couple of $275 lids in a weekend!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner