Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

resizing alden shoes

gimmesomeshelte

Familiar Face
All-

I've heard that you can resize a shoe during the rebuilding process. Does anyone have any experience with this? I've sent Alden an email about this, and they've replied that they can do it, but that's all they said. I'm sure there's a downside, but not knowing much about shoe construction, I'm not sure what it is.

Thanks for your time.

Paul-

gimmesomeshelte

Familiar Face
Hello-

I saw it on the Indy Fan forum. There are countless threads on Alden 405 boots, and a fair number about rebuilding old Alden shoes. Someone mentioned that you can size a shoe up or down up to one size. I have no idea if this throws off the proportions of the shoe, but Alden has confirmed that they will do it.

This all came up because I had my eye on a pair of whiskey shell cordovan shoes. The measurements in the ad sound correct for my foot, but the listed size was 1/2 size too small. Oh well, at this moment the bidding is up to ~275, which is a bit much for a shoe that would be a little on the tight side.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALDEN-WHISKEY-SHELL-CORDOVAN-11D-longwings_W0QQitemZ7765282475QQcategoryZ63850QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Paul-

ITG

Call Me a Cab
What's funny about the Alden 405 (not sure if it's the same for other models) is that I can wear an 8.5D or a 9C (which is what I have). I know the Indy guys have mentioned the sizing is about a 1/2 a size off (but I can remember if they run half a size bigger or smaller).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace