Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RESOLVED - Identifying RMC J-24 BJ9111 vs BJ21101

Mr. Hide

Familiar Face
Dude, your moniker is very close to Denny @ Aero Leather… just be aware going forward.
Hi Dude. Yes, I was made aware by another member upon my recent introduction here. A mere coincidence neither meant to imitate, defame, nor discredit anyone. With respect to Denny and the Bartenders here, I don't feel that this is a discourtesy but if there is a gesture to be made... I'm happy to oblige if brought to my attention by them.

Kenan

A-List Customer
I own the J-24 new fit and the main difference is that the new fit is more similar to the original Buco J-24 whereas the old fit was very slim and more of a “fashion fit”.

This is how my jacket fits

27725AED-7CCE-4046-8784-C2844CABA146.jpeg
IMG_0550.jpeg
IMG_1035.jpeg

58panheadfan

One Too Many
I own the J-24 new fit and the main difference is that the new fit is more similar to the original Buco J-24 whereas the old fit was very slim and more of a “fashion fit”.

View attachment 567438 View attachment 567439 View attachment 567440
I had the privilege to try on both styles, new and old one. I have to say, I liked the older one more but I am between two sizes, sadly. The new cut however if more original based didn‘t worked for me. To wide on bottom related to size and some feeling of a „sack“. But I have to say, you are wearing the new cut well, nice jacket anyway.

Mr. Hide

Familiar Face

View attachment 567438 View attachment 567439 View attachment 567440
This looks fantastic on you! I’m definitely sporting a bit of dad-bod nowadays and I also do a bit of seasonal two wheel riding so I’m definitely thinking the new one for me.

Mr. Hide

Familiar Face
Nothing like a triple black but I admit I have been jonesing for a double with some color too. Something with less contrast .... burgundy perhaps. Any lookers?

Mr. Hide

Familiar Face
Received my J-24 and while the new fit is certainly more generous than the old, the size 40 was still too tight in the shoulders and pits. Giving the J-24 a last shot in a 42. If anyone’s interested in a lightly used J-24 (BJ21101), size 40, comes with the RMC detachable mouton collar (new condition) - PM me.

Also heard back from RMC customer service and the definitive word is that the care tag on the BJ21101 is inside the right pocket while both tags are on the inner quilted lining for the 9111. - Helpful for anyone purchasing online.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Received my J-24 and while the new fit is certainly more generous than the old, the size 40 was still too tight in the shoulders and pits. Giving the J-24 a last shot in a 42. If anyone’s interested in a lightly used J-24 (BJ21101), size 40, comes with the RMC detachable mouton collar (new condition) - PM me.

Also heard back from RMC customer service and the definitive word is that the care tag on the BJ21101 is inside the right pocket while both tags are on the inner quilted lining for the 9111. - Helpful for anyone purchasing online.

Why are you selling rather than just exchanging?

Mr. Hide

Familiar Face
The BJ21101 I got off of eBay. Lost & Found didn’t have any in stock after I returned the BJ9111.

I guess I could’ve posted to see if anyone here was willing to exchange sizes but I already pulled the trigger on a 42 direct from RMC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner