Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rest in Peace Colby Jack

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Forums are so odd, we feel as though we know each other, though we may be separated by thousands of miles. I too often popped in and wondered how 'that nice gent was doing' nnd I was so sad to read of his passing.
God bless you Sir,
K

Spats McGee

One Too Many
I've been absent from TFL for a while and I am very sorry to hear this. Colby Jack was a gentleman in the finest sense of the word, and a valued member of this community. He will be sorely missed around here. If his family and loved ones happen to see this thread, know that we all wish you the best in your time of loss.

Rest in peace, Colby Jack.

carldelo

One Too Many
Farewell, CJ

0.jpg

Panda Moanium

New in Town
There was a thread on here recently about what a nice place this forum is and how friendly and helpful people here are. To try to put some perspective on that, I feel very saddened this morning on reading that Colby Jack has passed away. It might seem strange considering I never met him, never even had any direct discourse with him, but from reading his postings he came across as a decent man with a genuine passion and enthusiasm for his hats. RIP Sir.

TheShadowKnows

New in Town
In a world where civility has become scarce, it is always refreshing to check in at the Fedora Lounge just to realize folks are still kind and rational. Members like Colby Jack always made new members feel right at home. I never knew him, except to read his posts, but he was helpful in ways he may never have known. Rest in peace now, sir. You have earned it and deserve my respect along with many others, I'm sure.

fatwoul

Practically Family
What terrible news. I coincidentally came back to see what was new around here. Very sorry to hear this. I believe he is on my FB page also, so I presume its appropriate to leave messages there too?

Very sad. He was a genuinely nice guy.

Effingham

A-List Customer
Oh, man.

I'm still new here, but I hate hearing this sort of thing.

Each man lost weakens us all.

My condolences to his friends and family, and my prayers for all.

Tony

elvisroe

A-List Customer
Woah...sad news to return to.
Colby Jack was always a gentleman and was such a positive voice here at the lounge. He'll be missed.

I think I'll always associate his face with the good old Akubra Campdraft.

J.B.

Practically Family
So very sorry to learn of this. Sincerest condolences to C.J.'s loved ones.

R.I.P., Colby Jack.

Hamletsghost

New in Town
Sorry I missed chiming in before. It was because of Colby Jack's Akubra Overload thread that I found the Lounge. Because of him I fell in love with wearing a proper hat. Thank's for all the sage advice here on the Lounge, and thanks for inspiring me to start this new passion.
Condolences to his family,
and
Rest in Peace Hat Master.

Last edited:

Mario

I'll Lock Up
My sincerest condolences to his friends and family.

This is so sad. I've had friends who lost that same battle and I know how hard it is, especially for the family. There is so little you can do...

Jerekson

One Too Many
It's pretty rough to come back from an extended absence on this board and find out one of my better friends here has passed away.

I'm pretty saddened by this. He'll be missed by me...

Wishing you all the best, CJ.

Thoughts of Colby Jack crossed my mind just now so I figured I'd bump this thread.

You're still in our thoughts, CJ. Those of us who have been around this place a good long while have been missing your company.

Save a seat for me, okay?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff