Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Restored 1930's garage

Warden

One Too Many
This one might take a bit more work

_53440468_53440467.jpg

It comes from a BBC photo slideshow called 'vintage'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-13775252

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Lawyer Infestation

What's wrong with lawyers running around an office building? We need exercise too, you know.....
Nothing wrong with you all running around an office building, might even pay to watch that! Just don't want you or other professional office people ruining a perfectly good garage. I do consulting work these days, not in a cubical thank god, I would not like to see the garage made into that either. Though, I only take up a small area, and I have a roll top desk, so I could hide my computer, so maybe not to bad, we could put you in another corner, and still have plenty of room for cars, motorcycles, maybe even a Culp Special biplane!

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
^^^

I've often referred to lawyers and firms that advertise their "expertise" in criminal/family/real estate/wills/corporate/employment/human rights/negligence/medical malpractice/admiralty/and canon law as "Smith and Jones, Barristers, Solicitors and Small Engine Repair", that is, we do everything and the kitchen sink too!

Perhaps I could actually make this happen! I just need a desk, phone, coffee maker and kettle. I'm neat, won't make too much noise, and know how to change oil and tires in a pinch!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Appliance Repair & Law

^^^

I've often referred to lawyers and firms that advertise their "expertise" in criminal/family/real estate/wills/corporate/employment/human rights/negligence/medical malpractice/admiralty/and canon law as "Smith and Jones, Barristers, Solicitors and Small Engine Repair", that is, we do everything and the kitchen sink too!

Perhaps I could actually make this happen! I just need a desk, phone, coffee maker and kettle. I'm neat, won't make too much noise, and know how to change oil and tires in a pinch!
You will enjoy this photo, it was taken in the mid 70s and is my Great Uncles Law office in Iowa! Yes he did appliance service and small engines. I wish I could find the close up photo, I will post it if I find it. He was actually a genius, went to Drake, and Harvard.
img001.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany