Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Resurrection of the Stetson Musketeer!

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
FANTASTIC !!! I can see I need to get back into the que..

Kudo's to both of you, for coming up with the idea and certainly to Art for making it come true......

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Do you really want to do that many 3 stitch rows???

now that you mention it Buler.. uggg
It was actually easier than sewing 3 different ribbons together and having it come out close to right

Thank Gents, this thread is a real ego booster..

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

What are the crown and brim dimensions on the Musketeer? Love how that looks and I always wanted to be D'Artagnan, besides I haven't bought an Art or a Tony B yet.

Later Y'all

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Hi

What are the crown and brim dimensions on the Musketeer? Love how that looks and I always wanted to be D'Artagnan, besides I haven't bought an Art or a Tony B yet.

Later Y'all

This particular Open Road that Art converted has a 2 7/8ths brim and about a 5 3/4in crown. It worked well in getting the 3 rows of stitching on the brim and still keep the proportions looking right.

fedoralover

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
And one on my head.
RSCN0502.jpg

Good hat on you.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
That is a marvelous hat and a killer 'stache to boot. Good combo!

Thanks, some friends have called in it the "Monopoly Man" stache.

This has turned out to be a great conversion. I have so many thin ribbon fedora's and I just picked up that Borsalino in N. Carolina for another addition. So it was nice to change one into something a little more unique. This particular one, with it's wide brim and high crown really lent itself to the Musketeer model.

fedoralover

I take one look at that hat and two things immediately cross my mind: first, that's an unusually nice hat, and would stand out as such even in a crowd of unusually nice hats; and second, there's a whole lot to get right in crafting such a thing. I wouldn't recommend anyone try making one of those until he gets a whole lot of hat-crafting under his belt first.

Last edited:

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
Good grief I am amazed .... Art even got it right down to the little bump in the side dent from the add ... The quality of Arts hats are second to none and no one truly appreciates it until the hold one ... But to so exactly replicate from a 2 demential photo (although I beloved he has a vast hat collection so he might actually have one of these in his possession) it is truly an amazement!!

Great hat ... And Art keep up the great work!!!

Kk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn