Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Return of the Broad Brimmed Hat

Status
Not open for further replies.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

Checked Bodacious on Webster's and it's use is outright, unmistakable, or sexy, voluptuous. Voluptuous has an entirely different connotation than wide...

I feel so much better about myself since I used the dictionary and all that.

Fedora Jay

Familiar Face
I keep coming back to bodacious too. I like it, but it doesn't quite roll off the tongue like stingy does. I also keep saying it in a surfer voice in my head. . . "Yo, bodacious brim, bro! Like totally radical!"

leo

One of the Regulars
Wide-brimmers, be careful what you wish for. If the brimmed hat/fedora trend sticks around for a while and morphs into wider and better offering, the market may be affected. This could impact the vintage crowd if such lids become trendy. Prices may skyrocket after that.

For the modern users, if fedora become really popular a glut of band-wagon manufacturers would eventually disappear as the trend fades, possibly leaving fewer options at higher prices. It seems to have happened with many consumer items and collectables in recent years. Thankfully, I doubt those who follow fashion for fashion sake will hang around long.

In the meantime, wear whatever you like. But just don't leave it in the closet. Wear it!

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Had not had the time to post this one. But when I found it last week only the 54 cm was sold out now its totally sold out.
Don't know what kind of brim other than ball cap fedora to call this one.

soulland_ss11_mens_040-2.jpg

http://goodhoodstore.com/?page=51&id=2056

fmw

One Too Many
A center dent ball cap with a ribbon? I don't know what to make of it. I know I don't want one but it certainly is intriguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran