Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

returning cosmetics in the uk

kerry

One of the Regulars
Ive made a really bad mistake today and bought a clinique powder and foundation that looked terrific on in the shop. By the time I got home my face was blotchy and the make up was sliding off.
I havent used either of the thisngs I bought but Clinique comes in unsealed packaging.
Will I be able to return them?:(
Thanks
Kerry

NoirDame

One of the Regulars
I'm in the USA, but you should be able to return any unopened package for a refund or exchange. In the cosmetics industry (that I work in), we hate returns that are used because they must be damaged out, but unused returns are easier to accept. Further, many stores have a policy that if the product irritated your skin or produced an allergic reaction that it may be returned.

They will be able to look at the products (and expect they will) and tell they are unused. If a product is unused, no traces of makeup will be on the pump or cap....and also, none on your powder puff.

Good luck. I never cared for Clinique myself.

Miss Retro

Familiar Face
Hi Kerry, When i lived in England i returned things to Clinique. I got there 3 step system and it was horrible! I took it back and they refunded me. I also got a superfit foundation that was horrible and returned that, no problem. So it should be ok i think

kerry

One of the Regulars
Thanks everyone, They gave me a full refund....thankfully:). Im going to get some little pots and go and ask for testers of various foundations.
Thanks again
Kerry

NoirDame

One of the Regulars
I don't know if you have Prescriptives over there but I do like their foundation so far. It's hard for me to find foundation because I am so pale.

kerry

One of the Regulars
NoirDame said:
I don't know if you have Prescriptives over there but I do like their foundation so far. It's hard for me to find foundation because I am so pale.
I never used to have a problem, Im quite pale so do need a light colour but Im having a real problem finding something with good coverage that is good on mature skin, Im forty. Oh for the skin I had in my twenties or thirties even:(

SarahLouise

Practically Family
kerry said:
I never used to have a problem, Im quite pale so do need a light colour but Im having a real problem finding something with good coverage that is good on mature skin, Im forty. Oh for the skin I had in my twenties or thirties even:(

I am forever searching for that perfect foundation as, like you, I'm quite pale and also prefer fuller coverage. I've been using Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation for a while and absolutely love it. The coverage is by far the best I've tried (and there have been many, trust me!) and I use the shade 'shell' which is light enough for me. I can imagine if someone has quite good skin already and doesn't need that much coverage might find it a little heavy but for me it's brilliant stuff. It's expensive (about £23) but totally worth it. The good thing is is that they give you a tiny sample pot to see if you like it, which actually lasts quite a while considering the size, so you can try before you buy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran