Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Revolving Restaurants

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
We had one where I live.
I went to it twice, very neat.
Of course the second time I went, we had a guy with us that had motion sickness. After he realized it was moving, he wasn't hungry. ;)

amador

A-List Customer
I have been to just two revolving restauraunts. Tower of the Americas in San Antonio,TX during hemisfair. Space Needle in Seattle WA. Anyone else bee there?

dnjan

One Too Many
Haven't been to the Space Needle in years. Nice place to eat if the weather is clear, but there is better food for the same price elsewhere when the clouds take away the view.
Of course that can be said of a lot of places. Seems like of the three factors that make a wonderful evening in Seattle - food, service and view, most places are satisfied if they do well on two.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
The only one I've been to is Reunion Tower in Dallas. Three levels - an observation deck, a restaurant, and a bar. The restaurant (back when I went) was Antares - the food was fine, but extremely overpriced. Now it is a Wolfgang Puck restaurant and I've heard it is pretty good. The bar level was pretty happenin'.

Very nice view of downtown Dallas, and the revolutions were so slow I don't know how anyone could get motion sickness from it.

Dan'l

Practically Family
The Eagles Nest in Indianapolis is nice. The food is great but other (comparable) places in town aren't as expensive. I've not been there since the summer but they have just remodeled.

BigFitz

Practically Family
I don't recall the name, but ate dinner at the one at Niagara Falls. Was wintertime with snow on the ground and lots of vapor coming from the falls and a full moon close to the horizon. Was a pretty sight.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Been to Tower of Americas in San Antonio, and another revolver in Atlanta (forgot the name).

Hi

Atlanta's in the Sundial. We ate at the top of a hotel back in the late 1980's, but it didn't revolve. Most I've ever eaten. I had to check the Atlanta thing, I like the place.

Mike

http://www.sundialrestaurant.com/

The following is from Wikipedia, showing the list of all revolving restaurants, most of them are closed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_revolving_restaurants#United_States

Last edited:

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
The only revolving room I've been in was at a cousin's wedding in the city I live. They rented the top floor of a nice hotel for their reception and during the dance, switched it on for everyone. It was a nice slow speed that gave a 360 overlook of the city at night.

I've always wanted to be in the Seattle Space Needle ever since I first watched "It Happened at the World's Fair" but never got the chance, even when I was doing a two week stint for some military training up that way. :(

Edward

Bartender
Visited two - the TV Tower in East Berlin and the one at the top of the Schilthorn in Switzerland which famously appeared as Blofeld's lair in On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Never eaten in either, though. Much like dinner on the big wheel in Vienna, it's the sort of thing I'd do for an occasion with a lady, but never had the appropriate lady / occasion to make it viable.

mummyjohn

Familiar Face
Definitely been to the Space Needle, but that was only for lunch. Also been to one of the ones in Honolulu, but that was almost five years ago (I was only fifteen) and don't remember the food all that well. The place on top of the Bonaventure downtown was a favourite, although interestingly I have to say that my favourite has been the Theme restaurant at LAX. It's like stepping onto a 3-D set from The Jetsons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy