Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Riding gear enablers!

Nacho

Practically Family
That’s the truth. I always rode helmetless until I returned to south Florida. Full face all the time now. Them people will run you over and roll on to the beach.

I went to see my cousin in Nashville a few years back. Then we drove down to Key West. Gotta agree with ya, them Floridians are some wild folks…

Georgia was nice though.

VansonRider

One of the Regulars
Probably the best investment i’ve made in mc safety is a slow bike.
I still miss my old Ninja 500. You can flog the heck out of it and stay at street legal speeds. At any highway pace there was plenty of passing spurt, but it realistically topped out around 90. It would could faster than that but you’d have to pin it and wait a while

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sold something rather quicker for my Vespa 300..same amount of fun to be had but at lower speeds..less likely to run out of talent or get zapped by a speed gun. Did the same car wise too swapping a low weight high BHP number for a brick shaped turbo charged 900 cc jalopy that always puts a smile on my face & presents more of a challenge within legal speed limits.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
I still miss my old Ninja 500. You can flog the heck out of it and stay at street legal speeds. At any highway pace there was plenty of passing spurt, but it realistically topped out around 90. It would could faster than that but you’d have to pin it and wait a while
IMG_2628.jpeg

60. 65 downhill

VansonRider

One of the Regulars
Oh ho!!! A Ural!
Does that have the powered side car wheel? A bike that's at home in the snow is def. on the grail list

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
my bike is 150cc single cylinder twin stroke, so I mostly wear my denim & leather jacket and whatever jeans I have, I have no special riding equipment and the way I ride is more like leisure commuting max 60kmh since my city is busy with many traffic lights, lots of mopeds both private and online shopping couriers and speed bumps, when I ride neighborhood areas I rarely wear helmet, I wear that fiddler cap. if you ever been to bali and rent a scooter/ moped that is probably riding situation throughout java, low speed stop and go under a very hot sun right over the head. I wear jacket mostly for avoiding skin cancer than for protection against crash

Last edited:

Nacho

Practically Family
Once you cross the FL border it’s like a different world.

Only in Florida. I mean...that is one big motherf@cker right there. Look at the way he's strolling through. Dude doesn't give a flying eff lolol.

The troopers in GA don’t mess around.

We didn't encounter any of that but overall great experience there. My cousin actually grew up in the ATL. I really like Savannah though. Old town charm with nice scenery. Lots of old oak trees. I thought Texas would have more since that's what they use for their BBQ - brisket and all that.

Last edited:
Only in Florida. I mean...that is one big motherf@cker right there.

We didn't encounter any of that but overall great experience there. My cousin actually grew up in the ATL. I really like Savannah though. Old town charm with nice scenery. Lots of old oak trees. I thought Texas would have more since that's what they use for their BBQ - brisket and all that.

Savannah is really nice. I love GA, just try not to speed too much riding through there. Especially on the major highways.

That gator is famous. Big mofo for sure.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Once you cross the FL border it’s like a different world. The troopers in GA don’t mess around.
If you are headed to Daytona through Georgia always slow down when you are going through Adel, Georgia. It is the worst area to get busted. The county cops there are after big money. So be aware that cars, bikes whatever are all prime suspects to those boys.

If you are headed to Daytona through Georgia always slow down when you are going through Adel, Georgia. It is the worst area to get busted. The county cops there are after big money. So be aware that cars, bikes whatever are all prime suspects to those boys.

Yep. And the out of state tags perks them up even more. Big time corridor for contraband. I’ve been stopped a few times.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Cool ride you've got there.

And that beautiful dog. Is he/she a Jack Russel/Boxer mix? Has that distinct stripe in the middle with a Boxer face shape.
He’s a rescue. So far as i know he’s 100% pure bread good boy.

@nottherealhankaaron

Last edited:

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeah. Can’t keep 2 bikes. No time. A hack has been on my radar for some time. So has a RK but right now my co pilot says the Ural stays
I’ve lived and learned…my current mantra is one car & one bike…

Dbtk44

New in Town
I ride just about year round, so definitely have to have a decent array of gear that spans the 30s-115+ temps.

In the summer I wear either an OLYMPIA perforated textile jacket, or a perforated METAGEAR leather vest, normal jeans and UGG short motorcycle boots (surprisingly comfortable in the heat, being sheepskin). Also wear a mesh "newsboy" hat backwards, anything else and my head feels like a baked potato, and the bill sort of keeps my neck from looking like beef jerky.

Fall/winter/spring I alternate between a G-1, a pair of "traditional" motorcycle jackets (a brown Hudson and a black 1st Gear), or an RAF Irvin knockoff when it's closer to freezing temps. I alternate between 2 pair of leather side lace pants, one fits looser so I can wear thin sweats underneath, and 18" RIDE TECS motorcycle boots. Headgear is a fitted baseball hat backwards, or a fur pilot-type cap if it's really cold. I tried wearing chaps over jeans, but makes my legs feel way too stiff...just uncomfortable to me.

So...5 jackets, a vest, 2 leather pants, 2 pair boots, a few hats, more than a few pair of gloves, a few different goggles, a half helmet IF I venture into a state that has a helmet law (never wear it otherwise)...probably a few other little things that escape my mind at the moment....

Attachments

• PSX_20240205_163026~2.jpg
    PSX_20240205_163026~2.jpg
    847.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner