Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rings

Michaelshane

One Too Many
1940s style......

P1050074_edited-1.jpg
[/IMG]

SGT Rocket

Practically Family
Nice Ring

Dinerman said:

Nice ring! I have a wedding ring, and a school ring that my mom purchased for me. I haven't been wearing the school ring for some reason. So lately I've been a one ring guy.

However, I love the style of this ring. If the wife gave me something like that, I would totally wear it!

Warbaby

One Too Many
Michaelshane said:
1940s style......

P1050074_edited-1.jpg
[/IMG]

I've already praised your work several times, but I've gotta do it again. A beautiful design very nicely adapted from the 40s style, and really, really fine work. To my eyes, the touch that puts it over the top is the thickness of the sheet on which the stones are mounted. Makes all the difference in the world, both in terms of aesthetics and in conveying the feeling of those earlier pieces.

Damn, you're good.

Michaelshane

One Too Many
Thanks...Warbaby.I've developed my own style based on 1940s Navajo and Zuni jewelry.I hammer the metal hot from ingots just like it was done back then.I also cut my own stones.
This is the anvil I've been pounding for thirty six years.....
R0012907_edited-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I got this Tiffany & Co. Cushion shaped Signet Ring when my son was born. We share the same initials. I had the inside engraved with his birth date and my birth date. I figured he would let me borrow it until he is old enough to appreciate it's significance.

15887729_M_OVER.jpg

Warbaby

One Too Many
I always wear some sort of ring on my left pinkie. This is my current favorite - interesting design with tiny but very sparkly diamonds.

Ring_diamondC.jpg

I wear this trench art ring on days when I'm feeling a bit Bogartish:

Ring_casablancaC.jpg

This is one that I made about 35 years ago. I like it for a number of reasons too numerous to enumerate.

Ring_numbersC.jpg

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Ethan Bentley said:
Silver and the seal is made of hematite.

I really like that ring - I find most rings on men, aside from wedding bands and understated class rings, to be emasculating.
The hematite is striking.

djhatman

One of the Regulars
Men and rings

So I had been thinking about starting to wear a ring. No, I am not married. I got nice one at a store the other week and wear it when I'm not working. I was wondering what your all take on men wearing rings was. I did several searches but got nothing. Feel free to merge.

Helysoune

One of the Regulars
My sweetie wears several rings just for the fun of it, one a black and silver thumb ring and a tungsten pinky ring I got him just because. He's quite partial to jewelry all around, though, and when not at work generally has several necklaces and bracelets on as well. For him, it's a great look, but I think that's because he's a big guy and it's nothing for him to carry off wearing accessories, even hats. I think it would look ridiculous and overpowering on a short, skinny guy, but that's just my opinion.

Mike K.

One Too Many
:D :D :D
Sorry, couldn't resist.
I think men should keep it simple when it comes to jewelery. For me, it's just a watch and my college ring. Maybe someday I'll add a wedding ring to the other hand.[huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred