Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RIP Maury Chaykin

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Chaykin had a bizarre, but brilliant bit part as an army officer in Dances with Wolves. Anyone who's seen the movie knows which scene I'm talking about...Chaykin was a fine actor...a fantastic actor, actually.

R.I.P.

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
I've only seen bits and pieces of A&E's Nero Wolfe series and need to check it out.

Hard to believe that A&E doesn't remotely resemble the channel it was ten years ago. :(

Talbot

One Too Many
RIP Maury.

One of the things that attracted me to the A&E Nero Wolfe series was the rapport between Nero, Archie and Fritz.

The whole cast come to think of it.

T

59 Blue Bomber

New in Town
He was a fine actor an quite the gentleman as well. I had the privilege of meeting him in Portland, Or during filming of 'Breaking In' in 1988. He played an attorney in the film which also starred Burt Reynolds and Casey Siemasko. Maury was the quintessential gentleman. I have and always will be fan of his work since that sunny June day 22 years ago. We have lost another great actor, but we are lucky enough to have their fine talents forever saved on celluloid.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
59 Blue Bomber said:
Maury was the quintessential gentleman.
Too bad he never seemed to play one. His appearance and delivery meant he was always cast as a crank. But what a magnificent crank he made.
ChaykinMaury.jpg

Mr. Wolfe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy