Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rising Sun Jacket

indigoeagle

One of the Regulars
Yes, but the point is to get something in a cloth OTHER than blue denim.

I have a room full of denim jackets, including early Levi stuff;)
You've probably seen this. RS also offers that jacket in indigo duck. A fabric that Cone won't produce anymore.
It's blue, but still not denim on denim.

majormajor

One Too Many
That's a fine jacket.
You could also go for the new LVC pleated blouse that should soon become available.
There are a number of pics on denimbro like this
8469182728_c005342e76_b.jpg

But that might be nearly double the price of the RS one.

That looks nice.:D Pity they didn't have one to fit the model:eeek:;)

majormajor

One Too Many
That's better, but still a little short in the sleeves (and yet, wide on the shoulders).I guess that is how it is made.

leviduck2.jpg

indigoeagle

One of the Regulars
That's true.
But probably historically accurate ;-)
But we have to keep in my mind that this was a sample jacket. The eventual one that gets sold in the shops might still fit differently.
Apparently Hickorees in NY already sells one.

I think the reason for the shorter sleeves both on jackets and tops like henleys was not to get the sleeves in the way or in machinery.

Edward

Bartender
Major, no side pockets is daft. What will you do with your hands without them? :loco: When I wear jackets without side pockets I have to sit on mine.:D

Heh. On a short jacket like that, stick 'em in your trouser pockets! ;)

That's true.
But probably historically accurate ;-)
But we have to keep in my mind that this was a sample jacket. The eventual one that gets sold in the shops might still fit differently.
Apparently Hickorees in NY already sells one.

I think the reason for the shorter sleeves both on jackets and tops like henleys was not to get the sleeves in the way or in machinery.

With henleys I always assumed it was because they were primarily intended as *underwear*; stops the cuffs of your vest showing out the ends of your shirt cuffs.

majormajor

One Too Many
Please forgive the sh*tty picture, but this is my preferred fit on a short Jean Jacket.

Just covering my belt, and enough length in the sleeves to fold the cuffs back (I've worn 'em that way since the 60's - too late to change now!:eeek:)

This is the pleated front 60's Roebucks I got just last week, and is my current favourite denim:D

roebucks2.jpg

Last edited:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Yep, pretty loose fit. And short, but they are meant to be worn that way. I ordered my true size for this one. My medium measures 26" in length.

Edward

Bartender
Please forgive the sh*tty picture, but this is my preferred fit on a short Jean Jacket.

Just covering my belt, and enough length in the sleeves to fold the cuffs back (I've worn 'em that way since the 60's - too late to change now!:eeek:)

This is the pleated front 60's Roebucks I got just last week, and is my current favourite denim:D

roebucks2.jpg

Looks about right to me. I've got one of those Levis Type 1 they did a few years ago somewhere (the ones with the very exaggerated stitching and very pointy pockets). Not worn it in a long time; not so keen on the dd approach as I've goten lder, I suppose. The jacket in the OP is really nice. I like the colour difference with blue denim. Actually, it is in colour not far off a Luftwaffe Tropical jacket 'repro' (I don't know anything of the original LW gear, so can't claim any knowledge of accuracy etc) that Spearhead have on eBay. Tempting for those vile Summer days when leather is too much...

DamianM

Vendor
well rising sun does make it look like the new LVC duck jacket, suppose to be the earliest know rendition of the jacket before they turned to denim.

For $275 you should go for it.

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
The belt cinch in the back and the little fluted bits in the front are too much for me to take. I could handle one but not both. I like vintage style for sure but that's taking it to costumey levels in my opinion. I like the plainness of the type 3 and 101J styles. Simple and plenty classic enough.

DamianM

Vendor
I don't find it costumey since it is a workwear Jacket with a utilitarian reason.

The back cinch does pull more then the LVC 1936 models, nonetheless you get the effect in the lower area of the jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner