Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Robin Hood

xwray

Familiar Face
Hereward said:
By the way, any fantasy (or other) author who writes, '...fired an arrow', is a prize plonker. One can only fire a firearm.

What does one do with arrows...is loose them the correct term?

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
lolly_loisides said:
Russ throws another tanty
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/movies/i-dont-sound-ing-irish/story-e6frexli-1225866776380

Personally I think he should have tried for the Errol Flynn accent :p

His "No I was going for an Italian... missed it?" was classic :D

Just reminded me of when Russ got in serious poo over biffing that phone at the hotel worker, it was hilarious because all the Aussie media started to say "New Zealand born" and all the Kiwi media suddenly started saying "Australian actor". Quite the opposite of what they normally say ;)

I'll probably go to this for an evening's popcorn entertainment.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

My son went to see Robin Hood today, and said that Russell Crowe had no emotion. He didn't like the movie for that reason alone.

Later

Hereward

One of the Regulars
I haven't seen the film but I heard him try out the accent in an interview and I detected Irish in it. Whether I would have done so without prior knowledge is another matter but something was iffy with it.

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
Hereward said:
I haven't seen the film but I heard him try out the accent in an interview and I detected Irish in it.

Yes, it's definitely there....hints of it, anyway.

Not a bad flick, but not exactly what I was expecting....even though Scott and Crowe both said it was a different 'take' on the legend, focusing on the Longstride/Loxley/Hood origins, I still was looking for more 'greenwood' action, like the foiling of the Sheriff, poaching, stealing from the rich, etc....oh well...maybe the next sequel....:)
Rob

Leesensei

One of the Regulars
I thought there was a hint of Irish in his accent as well. Of course I saw the movie after that story came out, so I guess I was looking for it! I thought Little John definitely sounded Irish! I enjoyed the movie, but it was so completely different from most portrayals of Robin Hood, that I could see why it would disappoint some people! I am hoping that they follow through with a sequel!

Lee

Jennifer Lynn

One of the Regulars
1961MJS said:
Hi

My son went to see Robin Hood today, and said that Russell Crowe had no emotion. He didn't like the movie for that reason alone.

Later

Mike - As much as I wanted to like this movie, I didn't, or at least not at the level I thought I would. And I'd agree with your son in that Russell didn't seem to have a good hold on the character. Not enough to emote and draw in the audience, worthy of being rooted for, imho. Then again, there could have been other things factoring in to the colder, more emotionally removed Robin Hood. (i.e. script, directing, etc) [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR