Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rocketeer Dress

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Ladies, check this out...I've emailed the website to get a price on it. Probably a high price, but what a beautiful dress. I'm also asking them if they do it in other colors. What other colors would you think this dress would look good in for a vintage feel...I'm thinking this dress would be great in a Ruby Red or Emerald Green or even a Silver.
http://www.ferdalump.com/rocketeer.html

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Yes, that was such a gorgeous dress! I wonder how much the asking price will be?

For colors, I would also suggest deep blue or purple. I have an early 40s evening gown that was originally royal blue, but gradually faded to a divine shade of purple ('Royple', if you will.)

Also, many evening gowns in the 30s-40s were made with patterned fabric--florals, abstracts, and even plaids. If you were feeling especially daring, you might look for a patterned fabric, like so:

Richer shades for Fall/Winter:

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
And one other suggestion--you could also use two fabrics of differing texture/sheen. It was quite popular to use a satin backed crepe for this intent--one side has a flat finish almost nubby texture, the other is smooth and shiny.

You might have the sleeves and bottom portion of the skirt whipped up in crepe; the rest of the gown would be made in satin.

Here is an example of such a combination:

Canyon

Familiar Face
I really love that dress from The Rocketeer. It's absolutely stunning, and I would love to own something as beautiful as that.

Holly, be sure to let us know what the price is when you find out. :)

ITG

Call Me a Cab
I still haven't heard back...I hope they are on vacation rather than ignoring the email...they may think I'm someone from Lucasfilm fishing for info (regarding copyright info) since they actually call their costumes by what character wore it and/or the name of the movie than by some generic name...

MissTayva

Hi there!
Gorgeous dress! I dunno, I don't imagine the price being TOO much on that dress... it looks like it would be a simple task to sew it.But then again, there are some seamstresses that do get a lot of money for their work. Regardless, I'd pay $$$ for it, because it's so pretty!
What colors do you have in mind?

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Yeah, I had emailed her a few weeks ago with my measurements and haven't heard back on a price quote. I had given up but will wait for her to contact me. I'll not be contacting her about the dress any further unless she responds back as she seems to have plenty on her plate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy