Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rolled up jean jacket cuffs-yea or nay?

DoubleXX

One of the Regulars
Kind of a dumb question...but I just got an XL Levis 506XX denim jacket off that auction site and the sleeves are too long-27"! I've washed it but it didn't help much, so I'm wondering how it'd look with the sleeves rolled up (actually just folded over one time). I do it with vintage shirts, but not so sure about a denim jacket (haven't owned one since high school!).
What do you fellas think?

Warbaby

One Too Many
Tradition holds that a single turn-up is not only acceptable, but definitely in the realm of cool. A second or third turn-up is permissible only if the jacket is worn over a t-shirt (or nothing) and you are actively working on your car or motorcycle.

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well this guy has another idea.

west-side-story.jpg
NOT ME

"I rolled up the sleeves. To the elbow. Just like they do in the gangs. And if you look closely, you can see the moussed-up nightmare of waves and curls I somehow decided gave my hair 1950s New York street cred."

DoubleXX

One of the Regulars
Carlisle Blues said:

west-side-story.jpg
NOT ME

"I rolled up the sleeves. To the elbow. Just like they do in the gangs. And if you look closely, you can see the moussed-up nightmare of waves and curls I somehow decided gave my hair 1950s New York street cred."

-That's what I was afraid of! LOL!

DetroitFalcons

Familiar Face
Funny this thread was posted, I was thinking about the very same topic the other day. For me, on me, I don't like the look. I could maybe do the one turn (especially if I was trying to keep the button on the cuff from banging into my watch). I do like the look on women, probably because I tend to equate 3/4 or cropped sleeves with ladies only.

STW

Familiar Face
Carlisle Blues said:
That guy likely has the opposite problem as the original poster, whose sleeves were too long. Same solution would work, though. Have to say, like Warbaby, that rolled-up sleeve/arm would look better holding a greasy flat side carb.

To the OP, how many inches to you need to get rid of? If only a couple, then the one fold over with open snap cuff was always my usual way to wear the vintage Levi jacket (that the ex mangaged to make off with).

DoubleXX

One of the Regulars
STW said:
That guy likely has the opposite problem as the original poster, whose sleeves were too long. Same solution would work, though. Have to say, like Warbaby, that rolled-up sleeve/arm would look better holding a greasy flat side carb.

To the OP, how many inches to you need to get rid of? If only a couple, then the one fold over with open snap cuff was always my usual way to wear the vintage Levi jacket (that the ex mangaged to make off with).

I've washed the jkt twice to see if the sleeves would shrink a bit and didn't have much luck. Still measuring 27"(who has arms that long?)...I just need
25".

STW

Familiar Face
flat_top said:
I've washed the jkt twice to see if the sleeves would shrink a bit and didn't have much luck. Still measuring 27"(who has arms that long?)...I just need
25".
Sounds like a perfect solution then. One fold removes 2" +/- and adds something good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko