Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rosie The Riveter Hair

MissHannah

One Too Many
I know - I give myself far too hard a time over tiny little details that no-one else gives a crap about! I'm really self-conscious about my low hairline and flat head but i doubt anyone else would give two hoots or even notice! We live in funny little fantasy worlds where everybody is obsessing over our 'flaws' as much as we are. Or I do anyway!

Edit: and it's not "lazy" smuterella - it's "very sensibly unconcerned about silly details"!

Smuterella

One Too Many
Hannah darling, you always look perfect so you are definitely doing everything the way you should and I definitely am lazy. I haven't even got dressed today.

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
Smuterella said:
I'm not bothered by the fuzzy hair at the bottom or whether pins are visible. I'm so lazy.

heehee, me too. it helps that i live in a very casual town... people are usually impressed that i did something, anything with myself!

ohairas, you are such a fox! seriously, if i could pick a person to look exactly like, you'd be in the running!!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
:eek: Gee thanks Shooshoo! :eek:

Trust me girls, I had the fuzzies and all going on, and it was rainy and nasty out. Let's stop being so critical!

Besides, I look really closely at the old hollywood stars in the films and I can tell their locks aren't perfect either!

And none of the stuff I was worried about showed in the picture so why worry!
Nikki

Blondie

Practically Family
Wearing bandanas or head bands give me a headache,
must press against a nerve or something ?????
Probably from flat head syndrome too lol

Blondie

Practically Family
P.S
Ohairas, i love that cherry print dress !
I know the ole cherry print got a bagging a while back,
but I for one like cherries !!!!!!!!!!

texasgirl

One Too Many
Well, we had our event last night and it was a lot of fun. We did a corporate event for an aviation company. It was at the Frontiers of Flight Museum in Dallas.

Here's my Rosie outfit/hair- I think it came out pretty good :)

These are the deadstock coveralls I got. PS, you need to post a picture of you in yours too :)

ScreenHunter_03Apr211105.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
ohairas said:
I wore it like this today, will load pics soon. Way cool, because I really needed to wash my hair today. But it was still set since Saturday and I hate to wash out the curls just because the top is a bit greasy. This style was perfect for the "cover up".
Nikki
Ok, here's the pic!
2364858375_404eff12ae_b.jpg

This is... you are.. wow! You are such a stunner and always impeccable!

Inky

One Too Many
texasgirl said:
Well, we had our event last night and it was a lot of fun. We did a corporate event for an aviation company. It was at the Frontiers of Flight Museum in Dallas.

Here's my Rosie outfit/hair- I think it came out pretty good :)

These are the deadstock coveralls I got. PS, you need to post a picture of you in yours too :)

ScreenHunter_03Apr211105.jpg

It turned out great Texasgirl! I love the reflection in the plane - you are your own cool nose art!

JennyLou

Practically Family
I volunteer at a military museum by helping out with the restoration of WWII tanks. I kinda got the nickname "Rosie the Riveter" because when I work there I dress like a woman who was working in the factories during WWII. I kinda like being called it.

PS

A-List Customer
Texas,
I love it! The look turned out really well. I wanna see that photo in Black and White!
I will have to get mine out and try it out. Dh really really hates them on. I decided to clean house in them like we discussed and lets just say I went to town. By the time evening came the were filthy. After trucking garbage out the the curb and moving furniture around, he TOLD me not to wear them outside.
(there were tears and the whole nine) but I love the coveralls, love them.

The Shirt

Practically Family
Texas Girl inspired me

I've been wearing my hair up lately. Beehives, rosie's , you name it. Excuse the bloaty face, I need to step up my weight loss regime. I tried a different scarf today so I could try and get away with the Rosie while at work.
Keiths003-1.jpg

texasgirl

One Too Many
PS said:
Texas,
I love it! The look turned out really well. I wanna see that photo in Black and White!
I will have to get mine out and try it out. Dh really really hates them on. I decided to clean house in them like we discussed and lets just say I went to town. By the time evening came the were filthy. After trucking garbage out the the curb and moving furniture around, he TOLD me not to wear them outside.
(there were tears and the whole nine) but I love the coveralls, love them.

Aw, sorry to hear that PS. I can't imagine you not looking super cute in them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR