Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rough In Horsehide Jacket - What is this thing worth?!?

WyoMig52

New in Town
Brand new to this forum so bear with me folks!
I picked this up at my local Will of Good and am trying to figure out what it might be worth. I'm 99.99999% going to keep it as it fits like a glove but I'd like to be able to give some additional information on it if I decide to sell.
It has the Rough In label with the two deer settling things the way deer do and has a Crown spring loaded Zipper.
My guess is it is from the 50"s but I'm no expert!
Any help would be appreciated!
Label.jpg

Attachments

• Front .jpg
    Front .jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 84
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 89
  • Crown zipper.jpg
    Crown zipper.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 68

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I can safely say this jacket is worth more than you paid at the thrift store.

It is a jacket made by the Roughwear Clothing Co. Run a search on the company. They were a big time maker of outerwear best known for their Military contracts.

This jacket is probably late 1940s. A very popular style in the Roughwear line using their two way pockets. This style come in a shorter version and different linings. The same jacket could probably found with a Sears Hercules or Montgomery Ward Windward label. Roughwear made jackets for the major retailers.

I did not see many Roughwear labeled jackets, so that makes it interesting and more valuable. The same jacket with a catalog label is out there. This style is not the most popular and many jackets are made in this longer style. A lot of competition and not so much demand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner