Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Round 2 Beauty Box Sign-Up Thread! Deadline: November 30

Christi.adell

One of the Regulars
Yay! I'm excited. I'm glad you included me since I just realized I'm 3 posts short of 100. whoops! I won't run away with the box though I swear!

Lindabelle

One of the Regulars
I'm really excited too! Don't worry Christi.adell. I only just scraped in with a 100 posts. Now I just have to be patient as I'm lucky last! :)

Grant Fan

Practically Family
the bag of goodies I have is getting pretty good a this point too and I am getting ready to play with making some hair things so if I make anything fun I will include it

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
Fun! I need to sit down this weekend and see if I can make a few pretties too and am already scheming what to put in. I might have some lipsticks to put in but I'm not sure the best way to rub them down with alchohol, any tips?

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Fun! I need to sit down this weekend and see if I can make a few pretties too and am already scheming what to put in. I might have some lipsticks to put in but I'm not sure the best way to rub them down with alchohol, any tips?

I've got the same question, I was considering leaving them out (I think I have two tubes I tried and didn't like) because I'm not sure how to sanitize them best or if they even can be de-germed.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I have no problem with used lipsticks, so long as they are sanitized and not *too* worn down. I would suggest either slicing off the top layer with a sharp knife, or just spritz a tissue heavily with rubbing alcohol and wiping over the top of the lipstick well to remove any germs. Just don't use cotton for that - I've tried it and it will leave lint all over the lipstick and you're in worse shape than before! You can also try just dunking the used portion/tip of the lipstick into a bit of rubbing alcohol and letting it dry off. I doubt many germs are surviving on top of a lipstick, but if there are, that should kill them.

I personally have no problem with used lipsticks being included in the box. If someone isn't comfortable taking a used lipstick, they can pass.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Youtube has a few videos that show how to do that but I didn't take the time to look through them but there is sure to be a good one on there.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thank you FortworthGal. I've got two lipsticks I only tried once- literally put them on and said "yuck! Not me!" and that was it. I'll think about including them (still on the fence), but if I do I will label them as "used."

I do wish I knew a use for things like lipstick that I don't like. Besides wearing it. ;)

Christi.adell

One of the Regulars
Yes, I was just going to slice off a bit from the top. I mean only the top bit has touched skin so I figured that would be fine.

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the tips, ladies. I'll just pour some rubbing alchohol in a cup and dunk the lipsticks in and let them air dry before sending. If anyone takes them, they can feel free to do anything else to them until they think they are usable.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
If something is obviously used when I get it, I sanitize it myself anyway. Personally I think it is fine to put used stuff in (lipsticks, glosses, whatever), and people can make their own choice if they want to take it or leave it in the box. Better to at least throw it in and give someone the chance to take it, than just throw it away, IMHO.

Lindabelle

One of the Regulars
I just want to say a big thanks for letting me participate from so far away! I have already got a stash of things, and I'm going shopping tomorrow to find goodies especially for the box. I think it's such a fun idea and I'm so excited I'm in this round.Thanks sooo much Ladies. Yaay! :)

zombi

A-List Customer
I just take the rubbing alcohol pads we use at the hospital and rub the tops of the lipsticks. I don't know they sell those in stores though?

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
^ I think you can get them at drugstores, they come in a box of like 500 individually wrapped. Usually near the first aid supplies. We have a box at home and I'm pretty sure I bought it at Walgreens.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Alcohol wipes (prep pads) are in the first aid aisle. You can also buy rubbing alcohol in a bottle in the same section, typically on the bottom shelf- that is normally much cheaper but less portable than the prep pads.

I'm accident prone, so I buy the large bottles. ;)

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Just an update - I received the final round 1 box from olive bleu in Canada last night. Over the weekend I will go through it, clean out old/broken/used up stuff, pick my things and put new items in. Then, we'll get started on round 2! :D

For the international ladies, please bear in mind that you *will* have to pay international shipping on the box.

Here's how we'll flow the box this time around. Notice we're organized by country, so the last US person will have to pay shipping to Canada, and the last Canadian person will need to pay shipping to Australia. At the end of this round the last person with the box will ship it back to me for a possible round 3, so that means that Lindabelle will also have to pay international shipping back to the US. If anyone has an issue with this, please let me know so we can work something out!

Here we go!

Fortworthgal – Texas, US <--- has box
Grant Fan – Virginia, US
Sheeplady - New York, US
Christi.adell – Georgia, US
Wire9vintage – Texas, US
Ginfizz – Pennsylvania, US
Tatum – Florida, US
TheSwingingBee – California, US
RetroGIJane – Iowa, US
Zombi – Oklahoma, US

Olivebleu – Nova Scotia, Canada
MissLaurieMarie – Alberta, Canada

Lindabelle – NSW, Australia

Last edited:

Lindabelle

One of the Regulars
I'm really excited, thanks Fortworthgal and everybody for letting me participate from so far away! Much appreciated. I am more than happy to pay the international postage. Just hope one of the Canadian girls don't mind sending it to me. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner