Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Round 2 Beauty Box Sign-Up Thread! Deadline: November 30

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Ok ladies, since the round 1 box only has 2 more ladies before it is finished, we'll go ahead & start sign-ups for round 2, with a deadline of November 30. I know this is a slightly longer period, but this will give the round 1 box more time to finish, and more ladies time to sign up!

If you wish to participate, please post in this thread before November 30, and where you are located (state & country).
After that date, I will post a list of who is participating. We will allow members from all over the globe, but bear in mind that the members will be grouped by country - so, all the US members will get the box first, then it will travel to Canada and make the rounds, etc.

Before you sign up, please make sure you are okay with the rules.

1) Minimum of 100 posts to participate
2) Within the US, will be using large USPS flat rate boxes - this assures everyone pays the same price for shipping (approx. $13.50) regardless of weight; we can track the package; and the next person will receive it in 2-3 business days. Also, please post if you are willing to pay additional shipping to mail the box to another country, as we will need 1 person in each country to do so. 3) Must be able to send delivery confirmation/tracking number to next participant; instructions on how to buy delivery confirmation and print labels from home are here: http://www.ehow.com/how_4927923_crea...ge-labels.html
4) Must send off package no more than 1 week after receipt; PM the next person on your list for their address once you receive the box.
5) Since this relies largely on the honor system, please try to contribute an equal amount (or more) items than what you take; there will be a log sheet for you to cross off what you took and add (**exception is if the box is just too darn full to close - feel free to remove items in order to make room for your goodies!**)
6) Items should be in new or good condition - something you wouldn't mind giving to a dear friend. This doesn't apply to vintage items, naturally! If cosmetic items are used, please sanitize them by wiping with alcohol. Makeup & hair brushes should be washed & clean.
7) Please wrap up your items (especially liquids & nail polishes, tape pump sprayers closed, etc.) carefully so the next participant doesn't get a wet, sticky mess (or USPS pulls it; please don't send anything illegal: http://www.usps.com/aviationsecurity/).
8) If for any reason you are on the list and can no longer participate, please let us know ASAP!
9) You must be able to take pictures of what you've taken to post on the thread, or at least post a list of what you have taken out. This keeps excitement up for the ladies watching by keeping things transparent. No need to take pictures of what you are adding into the box - that way it keeps the rest of the box a surprise for the upcoming participants.
10) *Any* beauty items are allowed. This includes nail & hair products, styling tools, body products, cosmetics, anything related to beauty. Since this is the Fedora Lounge, we will also include vintage items relating to beauty - magazines, packaging, wave clips, curlers, whatever!

Alright ladies, let the games begin! :D

ginfizz

One of the Regulars
I'd love to do it too!
I'm a few posts short of 100 posts, but by the 30th there's a good chance I'll be at 100. If it's not ok, I understand, but if it's ok with everyone, I'd love to do it.
I live in Philadelphia PA.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Looks like we're going to have an international box this time around! :D

I wanted to advise everyone that I have had a couple of members with less than 100 posts interested in participating. Because of this, I am slightly relaxing the "must have 100 posts" rule, and on a 'case by case' basis we will lower the requirement to 60 posts. This isn't to exclude anyone, but just to make sure we have legitimate forum members participating and not someone who is going to run off with the box of goodies. I know the deadline is today, so you must PM me today if you want to participate but don't have 100 posts. If I don't answer your PM until tomorrow, don't worry - you'll still be eligible to sign up, so long as you PM'd me before the deadline today.

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
Hello all, I'm one of the ladies that PMed fortworthgal regarding signing up...I would love to participate but I will back out if it raises too much concern out of others. I do love participating on the boards though and make lovely hair things I know I could toss in the box for others to enjoy as much as I do.

I live in the lovely State of Iowa and I plan on sticking around awhile, you lovely gals inspire me to dress vintage more often than not. :)

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Hello all, I'm one of the ladies that PMed fortworthgal regarding signing up...I would love to participate but I will back out if it raises too much concern out of others. I do love participating on the boards though and make lovely hair things I know I could toss in the box for others to enjoy as much as I do.

I live in the lovely State of Iowa and I plan on sticking around awhile, you lovely gals inspire me to dress vintage more often than not. :)

I am very much ok with you participating. I can't wait to see the hair things your make. I too make hair things and was thinking about putting a few of them in for the group. I hope you enjoy it here.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Okay, sign-ups are closed and we have a good list of ladies participating! This isn't organized yet by how the box will flow, but here's who will be participating (grouped by country)

Fortworthgal – Texas, US
Grant Fan – Virginia, US
Sheeplady - New York, US
Zombi – Oklahoma, US
Christi.adell – Georgia, US
Wire9vintage – Texas, US
Ginfizz – Pennsylvania, US
Tatum – Florida, US
TheSwingingBee – California, US
RetroGIJane – Iowa, US

Olivebleu – Nova Scotia, Canada
MissLaurieMarie – Alberta, Canada

Lindabelle – NSW, Australia

The box is still on the final leg of round 1, on the way to olive bleu. Once she receives it, it will come back to me, and at that point I'll clean it out of any old/broken items, and post a new thread to start off round 2, along with the ordered list of ladies participating.

Looking forward to this!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner