Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rounded collars?

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
not bb

Tomasso said:
Brooks Brothers, Polo and Paul Stuart regularly stock club collar shirts.

Rover & I were in Brooks Bros in NYC earlier this summer where I had asked about ClubCollars...not stocked for a few years now, we were told.

BTW, Polo had a nice detachable club collar , but I believe its out of stock now. They do have a few nice club collars or this season.

Its rather hard to find an all white club collar shirt.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
MrBern said:
Rover & I were in Brooks Bros in NYC earlier this summer where I had asked about ClubCollars...not stocked for a few years now, we were told.
[huh]

cego5nh8.jpg

BB Black Fleece purchased recently by Style Forum member untitled.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Brooks Brothers regular line did a couple different contrast club collar shirts 2-3 years ago. They were subsequently sold via their outlets and several ended up on ebay through reseller armyhardhat (great seller, btw). Sooo, keep your eye on ebay and one or both might show up sometime at a good price.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
AlanC said:
Brooks Brothers regular line did a couple different contrast club collar shirts 2-3 years ago.
BB had a couple on their website a few days ago (when this thread came up) but when I checked back to get a link for Mr. Bern they were gone.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
italian club collar

I'll have to ask Rover, but when we were in the Brooks Brothers shop, the salesman mentioned that they didnt call it a ClubCollar, and that they hadnt made one in a few years....go figure. Maybe he didnt understand what I was looking for. Then we went upstairs to check out the BlackFleece garb. Awesome stuff, but really I'm happier w/ vintage BB.

In July, I purchased a french cuff, all white, club collar shirt from this company.
http://www.gart.it/

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^Brooks calls the club collar a 'Golf' collar, I believe. The Polo collar is the button down, the Tennis collar is a straight collar.

Jay

Practically Family
I always thought the looks of the club collar was great, but I always liked the older, taller ones the best. Of course I have no idea how to get one.
Does anyone make a Hoover collar?

1430923186_41a2fb6fed.jpg

Stiff Collared

New in Town
Jay said:
I always thought the looks of the club collar was great, but I always liked the older, taller ones the best. Of course I have no idea how to get one.
Does anyone make a Hoover collar?

1430923186_41a2fb6fed.jpg

I bought a couple in the Portobello Road, Notting Hill in the 1980's. It got rather tight as my neck spread from 15 to 16 over the next few years, so I took one of the Collars to Budds of Piccadilly. They copied it, and made it with linen, which is stiffer than cotton if starched properly. The problem is, they are very expensive, they were £25 each the last time I enquired, and you have to order a minimum of 6.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari