Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Royal Crown Pomade

brylcreem boy

One of the Regulars
marineabilly said:
Royal Crown is great for the extremely wet and greasy look. Elvis used Royal Crown. Hold? Depends on the length of your hair. If your hair is short, you wanna try something like Murry's. Both of these products, however, don't wash out all that easy. There are products out there now that hold and have the shiny look of grease/pomade, but wash out like gel. Hawlywoods Layrite Super Hold is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! It washes out so clean and easy.

I would second Marineabilly's assessment, having used RC myself. It gives light hold and a little...... goes a long way's, best used on longer hair. I on occasion use more to slick the sides real tight and give that really shiny, greasy topcoat. The smell at 1st might bother you, but once it's in the hair that fades. If you use very much beware the stain factor.. especially in warmer, humid months. This product will give you that EXTREMELY GREASY/GREASER LOOK like none other.....

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Alright, so today Royal Crown Pomade came in, just under a week of ordering it off of Amazon, which I was pleasantly surprised with the shipping. I had already applied some Brylcreem and Dax Wave & Groom wax earlier that morning, but I had also added some Royal Crown pomade, and that stuff is really slick. It's almost liquid-like in consistency, reminds me of Brylcreem actually, but more of a hold to it, in addition to a high shine. I'll try it again tomorrow, and see what I think. I'm liking what it offers, so far, but I guess I'll have to try it without the Dax and Brylcreem supplementing it.

P.S. Is it true that both Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash used Royal Crown? I have heard rumors.

Jan

One of the Regulars
There's a bunch of rumors about who used what.

Johnny Cash favored R.C. Elvis apparently favored Lovers Moon and Vaseline.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters