Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Royal De Luxe Stetson Vogue 7 1/8 late40s/early50s

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Royal De Luxe Stetson Vogue late 1940s/ earliest 1950s Size US 7 1/8

Up for sale is this wonderful wide brim, full crown Stetson in an unusual yet very versatile felt color. It fits true to size 7 1/8, making it slightly too small for my 57.4cm head despite the soft sweatband. The hat has not been stretched.
The felt color is hard to come by. It's a light sage green, different from the Winchester light sage in that it is slightly darker, and less on the cool side of the spectrum; it's more of a light green with subtle cream undertones.
The 19 ligne ribbon is a pleasing warm shade of dark brown, in perfect balance to the felt color.
Open crown height 5.5", brim width 2 3/4". Both crown and brim are soft; the felt is of a better quality compared to the other post-war Royal Deluxe felts I have handled. The crown creases best to a deep diamond crease. Heavy brim flange with snap. Asymmetrical brim binding with wider binding on top and narrower binding plus decorative stitching row on the bottom side. Satin liner without the plastic protector that was introduced on later models.
Star pattern Stetson crest logo on both liner and sweatband imprint date this hat to the late 1940s/ earliest 1950s.

The hat is in excellent condition, no stains, moth tracks, cracks or anything. The reeded sweatband's leather is soft and the stitches are fully intact; it's one of those sweatbands that have some give, making it very comfortable to wear.

It's yours for $215.- shipped worldwide, from Germany.

PM me if you're interested, or with any questions you may have.

StetsonVogue-sage-1.jpg

P1040369.jpg

P1040344-1.jpg

Top side of brim:

P1040354-2.jpg

Bottom side of brim (in low light, looks a bit washed out; the dark spot at the upper right is on the camera lens, not the hat - the hat is entirely clean):

P1090896.jpg

P1090901.jpg

More details:

P1090893.jpg

P1040360.jpg

P1040363.jpg

P1040366.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo