Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rugby Ralph Lauren to close-

Feraud

Bartender
A fellow Lounger emailed me this!
http://m.stylebistro.com/Shopping+News/articles/aE_f3k__zMl/Rugby+Ralph+Lauren+is+Dunzo

It's a sad week for lovers of classic, expensive-but-not-crazy-expensive, well-made, preppy-inspired clothing. Not only is Jack Wills' grown-up label Aubin & Wills shuttering at the end of the year, but today, WWD's senior editor David Lipke tweeted that Rugby Ralph Lauren will cease operations by 2013:

The official announcement was buried at the bottom of a Q2 report in today's WWD—where Ralph Lauren execs explained they're closing Rugby to "focus resource on higher growth, more scalable global opportunities with the core Ralph Lauren brand." The closure will affect 14 standalone Rugby stores.

Are you a fan of Rugby Ralph Lauren and are you sad it's closing? I've always been partial to the brand's simple, easy-to-wear dresses and women's separates. Tell us what you think of the closure in the comments section, below! Will you be shopping at other Ralph Lauren brand stores?

I like RRL. But I have no idea what the h*ll this means in regards to clothing...

"focus resource on higher growth, more scalable global opportunities with the core Ralph Lauren brand."

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Rudgy is certainly one of the nicer less yuppie-ish sub labels of RL. That being said I have found some great workwear repros of the normal "Polo" label too. They are just harder to find next to all this pastel poloshirt sillyness.

samlark

New in Town
Wow, I've bought a lot of clothes from RRL over the last few years. I wonder if this means they'll have a big sale before they shut down?

Still, this is a bummer.

-- Sammy

Weston

A-List Customer
There are 40% off coupons circulating. Somehow I am on their list, and got one. I tossed it.

cordwangler

One of the Regulars
I like RRL. But I have no idea what the h*ll this means in regards to clothing...

"focus resource on higher growth, more scalable global opportunities with the core Ralph Lauren brand."

One of the helpful RRL sales staff at Prince St, Manhattan was kind enough to inform that the nearest store stocking the salt & pepper work pants was Beverly Hills. I think this quote sums the situation up nicely... :)

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Rugby and RRL are different sub-lines. I doubt RRL is going anywhere.
Yes, Rugby is (or was) a little cheaper but less vintage influenced. More like a generic college sports look but also has some good pieces. I got a nice striped sportscoat from Chasseur (thanks again) and now there are 2 cardigans coming from ebay the next few days.

Just as I said in my previous comment: this style can be found on other RL labels too, even Polo. The overall concept was nice and I think they also supported the Tweed Run thingies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21