Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rundown of 30's & 40's Shoes

maisie

Practically Family
Hi Ladies,

As promised pictures of part of my vintage shoes collection ( some were still in the wardrobe!) Hope you like them!

missmaisie

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Lovely shoes! I like the ones with the studs on the platforms especially! And I have an ongoing love affair with the color green...

decodoll

Practically Family
I took some more pics...my newest pair that just came in the mail. Yay!! Deadstock with the original box...
Hubettes.jpg

and the 1920's ones that I mentioned in the Flapper thread... I love the little buckle on the top. :)

20s_shoes.jpg

chrissy

New in Town
These are exquisite! How excited would I be if I found them in my size! <sigh>

decodoll said:
I took some more pics...my newest pair that just came in the mail. Yay!! Deadstock with the original box...
Hubettes.jpg

and the 1920's ones that I mentioned in the Flapper thread... I love the little buckle on the top. :)

20s_shoes.jpg

MJistheBOMB

New in Town
Wow, thanks for that remix site, Veronica :)...I think it would be impossible for me to find vintage shoes in a size 9!...on top of that, when it comes to heels, I buy one size larger for less pain, if ya know what I mean. LOL. So, actually, I would need a size 10 :).

Love all your shoes, girls :). So gorgeous :)

Monique

ITG

Call Me a Cab
I picked these up this weekend at Target. I loved the heel and thought they had a nice 40s/pinup pump flair to them. Not the most comfortable but hey, they're cute! I like the more chunky heel and thicker looking sole than the skinny ones that are sometimes found on vintage inspired modern ones. When I shop for vintage style shoes, I look at the heel first and if I don't like the heel, I move on; as a result I haven't bought too many modern vintage style shoes.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...8?_encoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000BAWLJM

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to say thanks for posting all of your beautiful shoes. It's the one thing I'm having trouble finding. It seems like all of them are so narrow, and I can't walk in very high heel! oh, the pain. I have bought a few pairs. One, is a great pair of linen and patent leather brown spectators with an average size heel. They are half size too big, but they are narrow, so I needed the extra space. I'll post them after the holidays.
Well, thanks for all of your pictures, they are a great reference for me, as I am new at this.
I hope you all have a happy and safe holiday season:)

decodoll

Practically Family
OOooOOOOOO....I love them all, Jitterbugdoll!! My favourites are the gold and the white...just yummy!!! I think I may have to PM and find out just how much too small those are. :)

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow, those are incredible, every pair! So jealous! Wish I could find a great pair of vintage shoes in such good shape, that actually fit my feet, or ones that I could wear comfortably for more than 10 minutes.
Great collection.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
If you go to see the new Superman movie, check out the shoes and clothes. The heels on the Lois Lane and Kitty's shoes are very 1940s and I was so excited about that. On the part of the movie where Superman takes Lois into the air, there's a closeup of her shoes when she takes them off.

A dress Lois wore had a 40s flair to it. This was the best pic I could find:
http://www.blister.jp/images-item-big/page-4283.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner