Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

S.F. News:Washington Square Bar and Grill Closes

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
I just saw on the TV news that the Washington Square Bar and Grill in North Beach closed today. Speculation is it's the economy-tough times for a high rent area. I'm sorry to see another great old style establishment go. They had hat hooks on the wall above the tables...

Probably to be replaced by another "pan-pacific-asian-fusion-style of the month" restaurant for the provincial bridge and tunnel crowd.

FedoraGent

One Too Many
I'll call Guy...

Sefton said:
I just saw on the TV news that the Washington Square Bar and Grill in North Beach closed today. Speculation is it's the economy-tough times for a high rent area. I'm sorry to see another great old style establishment go. They had hat hooks on the wall above the tables...

Probably to be replaced by another "pan-pacific-asian-fusion-style of the month" restaurant for the provincial bridge and tunnel crowd.

I'll call Guy Ferri and see what happened and if I can't get a hold of him, I'll call Michael McCourt and get the skinny.

FG.

pgoat

One Too Many
FedoraGent said:
Yes, Mario's Cigar shop is still there. And the foccacia sandwiches are still to die for.

FG.

MMmmmmm......I am not a foodie, but my wife is and we visited my friend who lives out there and is a chef. So we made the food rounds and then some. I can honestly say the food was better there overall than NYC - or any other place I've visited....

I particularly remember that focaccia and a burrito the size of a baseball bat for $5 in the Mission that kicked major butt over any food herabouts - and I live in a heavily latino part of Queens! Greens was fun too....

Sorry to hear some of those places have been closing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24