Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Said I was done..but a Battered Tan Teamster pulled me back in...

Carrie just emailed that it takes 18-20 GoldenDoodle puppies or four adult males to make one size 40 Battered Tan jacket. Peacoat is on the phone right now contacting kennels for cheaper prices.

We may need to import then. I think we can get the cost in puppy lives down a tad.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
You guys are too much and am going to sic PETA on every PC violation made on this thread. :D:D I too am a dog lover and think the golden doodle combines the best characteristics of both breeds.

Yesterday I wore my Teamster to the Dallas Auto Show at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center and was stopped by numerous people as I walked through the huge show telling me what a great looking coat I was wearing. I let three or four try it on, and a couple even took a picture of the label so they could look into ordering one. Of all the jackets I own, my Teamster is the most useful when the temperature drops, as yesterday when a Texas "Norther" blew through N Texas.

Van, it is great you are ordering a Teamster and suspect it might trump everything else you own. My Teamster is a size 42 but not too big even when I don't layer underneath. My sleeves are 27.5" (my arms are ~1" longer than yours) but the back length on mine is 28.5" and anyhing longer than 30" would leave me feeling like I was wearing a tent, maybe even that length. Congratulations on taking this enormous fork in the road (for you) and look forward to more of your great pictures on arrival. You are no doubt the catalyst that propelled me to a closet full of leather jackets! :rolleyes:

JMax
Just make sure that you get a Golden Retriever male breeding with a white Poodle female rather than the other way around or you would end up with a PoodleSnoodle who wears undesirable tiny knitted dresses, booties and silly berets. No good for nothin even if they're battered.

That made me laugh. Booties and silly berets? Too funny.

dubpynchon

One Too Many
The Bootlegger in battered tan in this thread looks ridiculously good, if I didn't already have one in cordovan...

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/aero-bootlegger-battered-tan.87287/

SDlDp85.jpg

GW KY

Practically Family
Hey threaders, I found a used wayfarer with my exact measurements size 38. But Carrie said that since I am a 38 highwayman, I would be a 40 or 42 in the wayfarer. Is it possible this one would fit even though a 38? Or even if numbers match me, fit may be off, or maybe too tight?
Just wondering if a jacket could be too small, even if all the measures are correct.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I usually regret going against Carrie’s advice but I’d be tempted if the numbers sound right...

As an after thought, you might want to clarify how they took their measurements, that can make a world of difference.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey threaders, I found a used wayfarer with my exact measurements size 38. But Carrie said that since I am a 38 highwayman, I would be a 40 or 42 in the wayfarer. Is it possible this one would fit even though a 38? Or even if numbers match me, fit may be off, or maybe too tight?
Just wondering if a jacket could be too small, even if all the measures are correct.
The actual measurements are much more important than the tag size and if the numbers look right to you then their is a good chance that it will fit how you want. Having said that though, there are some cases where two jackets with the same measurements will fit very differently. High armholes, action back (or lack thereof), side laces, etc. are all factors that have a significant effect on how a jacket fits.
I agree with PN that I have regretted it when I failed to heed Carrie's advice. I also like his suggestion to double check the numbers and how the measurements were made. The Wayfarer is a beautiful jacket and I would be tempted too if one appeared in my size!

GW KY

Practically Family
The actual measurements are much more important than the tag size and if the numbers look right to you then their is a good chance that it will fit how you want. Having said that though, there are some cases where two jackets with the same measurements will fit very differently. High armholes, action back (or lack thereof), side laces, etc. are all factors that have a significant effect on how a jacket fits.
I agree with PN that I have regretted it when I failed to heed Carrie's advice. I also like his suggestion to double check the numbers and how the measurements were made. The Wayfarer is a beautiful jacket and I would be tempted too if one appeared in my size!
agreed, I have asked for specific fit pics and measure pics to try to get all the info. would hate to have it be small, but if it's perfect....love it

I was ordering a size 40 teamster. I am 6'2" 185 ibs. However Carrie suggested that I might have a better fit with a size 38 in this style. So I sent to Thurston Bros my size 40 Aero Stuart this morning that fits me well for them to measure to get the best fit for me with the Teamster sizing. I appreciate this option and one reason I went with Thurston Bros.
HD

GW KY

Practically Family
I was ordering a size 40 teamster. I am 6'2" 185 ibs. However Carrie suggested that I might have a better fit with a size 38 in this style. So I sent to Thurston Bros my size 40 Aero Stuart this morning that fits me well for them to measure to get the best fit for me with the Teamster sizing. I appreciate this option and one reason I went with Thurston Bros.
HD
I am 6'1 200, trim build, 40 teamster. It is a touch large in chest, but can layer that way. my 38 highwayman fits like a glove, but cannot layer as well. that is how I wanted them to be.

all depends on the fit you prefer for the specific coat you are buying.

Gonna be gorgeous either way, congrats!!

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
HD

I am 5'9", 180 lbs which translates to roughly your figure, considering I am a few inch shorter and a few lbs lighter and my 38" Teamster fit me quite well, not snug at all, plenty of room to layer. A size 40 would have been a very lose fit. My 38 Teamster had 23" pit to pit, that's quite roomy for a size 38. (23" PTP equals a size 42-44 Vanson) Based on that experience I am inclined to agree with Carrie that a size 38 may fit you better.

pak

One of the Regulars
I read somewhere the Grizzly is actually sheared goldendoodle. The name was changed by the marketing dept.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko