Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sale!

Velma Kelly

Familiar Face
Dear Ladies,
Dear Gentlemen,

I posted this message in my Yahoo! group as well and I have to admit that I copied and pasted the text into this thread although I modified it a bit. Just to let you know I'm not getting all impersonal or something... Please forgive me. :)

So, people visiting my Yahoo! group ask me from time to time if I would sell signed photographs or even some of my wardrobe. I recently went through my dressing room and I noticed that my collection of vintage wardrobe is getting bigger and bigger. I have a couple of 40s dresses, corsets, sweet 30s/40s/50s nightgowns and lots of other clothes that I don't get to wear much these days and yes, I would sell them to fair prices
hoping to make another vintage lover happy. Of course, in case
you're interested I can offer a few merchandising items like signed
photographs or posters, too. Although I can't imagine people would really want to buy an autographed picture of me or something like that.

I don't do this for the money but I honstely think it would be such a shame if those lovely vintage pieces would going to rack in my closet. Most of the clothes even haven't been worn more than once or twice.

But before I start setting up a "store", photographing the items
etc. I need to know if there is anyone out here who might be
interested in purchasing an item. Please, post a message in my Yahoo! group, PM me or send me an email to velma@velmakelly.com. And let me know what kind of merchandise you would like to purchase, in case you're interested in that.

Thank you very much.

Love,
Velma

The Bingstress

Familiar Face
Oooo, I love vintage shopping! Question: What size are you? That is, about what size are most of the dresses? I have the feeling you're much smaller than me, but I'll keep my fingers crossed. ;)

Hugs & blessings,
The Bingstress

Velma Kelly

Familiar Face
Dearest Leslie,

don't worry, I'm not smaller than you! My German dress size would be an US 10/12, I guess. I'm currently working hard trying to lose all this weight because I would like to wear a size 8 someday. Most vintage dresses, I find and that I would love to wear, are cut very small and don't fit me right. So I figured it's time to lose some pounds for the sake of retro fashion. :) That is the reason why I decided to sell some of my wardrobe, because some pieces are a bit too large now. And I don't want them to fall to pieces in my closet. I also could offer accessories like gloves. I have a huge glove collection but I have so many by now that I don't get to wear most of them.

I will set up a website today or in the next few days.

Love always,
Velma

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
farmerboy