Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Saphire Creme 1925 on Leather Cap?

Samcurr

Familiar Face
I have a Horsehide cap that has a nice luster and is a tea coreish brown. Also has a small scuff. Can I use the Saphir Cream 1925 to turn it back to black/cover the scuff, or is that a bad idea? Don't want the creme to mess up the hats natural luster, but I do prefer black to tea core. Cap was originally black. Thoughts/experience?

Just Daniel

One Too Many
Oh. By horsehide, do you mean leather? Maybe a leather restoration site might help?

I have a Horsehide cap that has a nice luster and is a tea coreish brown. Also has a small scuff. Can I use the Saphir Cream 1925 to turn it back to black/cover the scuff, or is that a bad idea? Don't want the creme to mess up the hats natural luster, but I do prefer black to tea core. Cap was originally black. Thoughts/experience?

If it is a small scuff I would try a small amount of Lincoln liquid shoe wax or even their dye. The dye dries with a matte finish but can be buffed to shine and if you buff it enough there is no residue to rub off.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR