Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Satchel and Page Bomber

AlyeskaPilot

New in Town
Hey guys, long time reader, first time poster... Needless to say this forum is the best source for leather jacket info on the web.

Anyway, I have searched but came up with nothing on the Satchel and Page bomber jacket!

I am in the market for a cheaper A2 and came across Satchel and Page in my search or something in the $600 price range. It appears to be a nice calf hide leather and its made in Turkey. Thats pretty much all the info I can find! Even the folks at Satchel and Page couldnt tell me much about the leather other than what is posted in their website.

https://www.satchel-page.com/products/bomber?variant=30120147746859

Im wondering if anyone here owns or has held this jacket? Is it a fair value at $675? I am intrigued as the fit seems more trim than the bulky/boxy classic A2 pattern

Any other options for a non ebay/chinese A2 in this price range? Definitely looking for a new one. Thanks for all the expert advice!

jglf

A-List Customer
I had one of their briefcases when they just started out and was really impressed with the saddle stitching and leather quality for the price. Their edge finishing and copper rivets n the other hand were installed very crudely. I had to reinstall some of the rivets that failed and trimmed the edges so at least they were even.

AlyeskaPilot

New in Town
I had one of their briefcases when they just started out and was really impressed with the saddle stitching and leather quality for the price. Their edge finishing and copper rivets n the other hand were installed very crudely. I had to reinstall some of the rivets that failed and trimmed the edges so at least they were even.

Bummer, Ive only heard good things about their bags...

I know they are popular! I was a little scared about the wonky sizing though... even their XXS is on the upper end of my size! That kind of scared me away to a degree, but Ill take another look
You need to send Shawn the measurements you want. Be very precise and specific. Have a read through the FIVE STAR THREAD. there are charts and diagrams of how others do it.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
from the pics, this jacket has more similarities with a G-1 than an A-2..that said this jacket is designed with a fashion oriented cut ( which is fine, if that what you want) most makers of the G-1 will make a military styled version, which will be looser.
at this price point you could work with 5-star, US wings, Cockpit, Headwinds and a few others. My advice is if you like this one from Satchel Page then buy it.

Last edited:

AlyeskaPilot

New in Town

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21