Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scenting the house, questions

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
Mahagonny Missus and I are in the incense camp. We like to use "Song Of India Temple Incense" which is a melange of different scents rolled together. We put the incense sticks and/or cones throughout the house to use like potpourri and only occasionally burn it. Works great in the car too!

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Hemingway Jones said:
Good cooking.

Take some apple cores and skins, or overripe apples, throw some cinnamon in and simmer on the stove for a bit.... Heaven.

The house never smells so good as when I'm making my special recipe porridge, with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, cardamom, ginger, blueberries, cherries, vanilla & almond extracts.

Having read many horror stories of various "air fresheners" causing indoor pet birds to drop dead, I have avoided them. That being said, I have tried Frankincense from a local Ethiopian market, love the smell, and still have the bird. It is a bit tricky to keep it from just burning up (the Frankincense, not the bird).

pretty faythe

One Too Many
BellyTank said:
A vanilla bean in the fridge keeps bad smells at bay.
Orange essential oil is good for taming spicy, meaty, greasy kitchen smells.
Orange and Cedarwood together is great.

B
T
:eek:fftopic: sorta....saw your vanilla bean tip and was reminded...I got a new fridge over the weekend and the delivery guy told me before stocking it up with food to wipe it down with a mix of water, baking soda and vanilla.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy