Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott 141 cafe racer, collar wear

I heard back from Schott re: repair costs. Here's what they say:

New zip out liner - $95.00
Replace collar - $105.00
Replace leather under collar on the inside - $45.00
Return S/H - $15.00 (within the Continental US)
Repair total - $260.00

The jacket appears to be from 2003.

Too much. You can get another one for that money.

Gamma68

One Too Many
What do you guys think of the fit? No sense pursuing if the fit is off.

Seems to me I read a comment on another thread that water (as in a rainshower) can shrink naked cowhide? I think this jacket could be a little more snug. But I defer to the judgement of members more knowledgeable.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Nice looking leather, although it looks a little big in the shoulders............What size is it ?

Last edited:

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
In close to 30 years of buying leather jackets I have never seen that kind of savage wear before. It has to be some sort of deliberate mistreatment - almost looks like the collar was held against an industrial grinding wheel.

It fits but is large in the shoulders.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Nice jacket, too bad about the damage to the collar, which I agree looks intentional (abuse) or the prior owner wore chain mail hooded sweatshirts.

I won't claim fit expertise, but the sleeves & shoulders are baggy to me. They hang way off your actual shoulders. I'd catch-and-release this one, or return it if you can.

I tend to agree with Randy. The shoulders seem too wide. However if they weren't the sleeves would be at 3/4 length. The fit isn't terrible but not ideal either. A loose CR goes against the very nature of the jackets intent.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
I tend to agree with Randy. The shoulders seem too wide. However if they weren't the sleeves would be at 3/4 length. The fit isn't terrible but not ideal either. A loose CR goes against the very nature of the jackets intent.
LOL..........

Rich22

Practically Family
The shoulders are too wide and don't fit well. As someone else said, without the shoulders being extra wide the sleeves would be too short. Very odd. Otherwise I liked the first front-on picture.

Gamma68

One Too Many
@ton312 makes a great point. A cafe racer is supposed to have a more snug fit. That's why these are sometimes called "racing shirts," not "racing shirts to wear over flannel shirts."

This will be a catch-and-release jacket, which is a shame because I otherwise like it and would probably have sent it to Schott for repair. But it's also a learning experience for me. Here's what I've picked up:

1. I'll probably never run into another jacket with this type of wear (even though it's still very wearable).
2. A size 40 would probably work much better for me than 42.
3. I really like the naked cowhide on this jacket.

Anybody have a Schott 141 in black, size 40, hanging in a lonely closet, hoping for a "forever home"? LOL

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I could help you with a Brown, vintage "Sears" CR but I think it's a 42L.
Sorry, probably not what you are after. It's out there! :)

chollie

One of the Regulars
Schott's naked cowhide is beautiful, but I am not a fan of the fit of the 141's at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Schott's fit is patchy, isn't it? I wish they had slightly trimmer, longer patterns. Most of their jackets are 25.5 inches long at back. About 2 inches too short for me. Ok if you are five nine, I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy