Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott 174s

Filos

New in Town
Hi, I recently bought this jacket, which is currently on sale on the schott website. I d thought I’d share my take, since I didn’t find much on it before.
I have been wanting to get an aviator style jacket, but not necessarily a repro, so I didn’t mind the more modern take.
It’s a ‘slim fit’ version of their classic 184sm, so pretty similar, but no bi-swing back, and no removable liner, therefore it’s slightly slimmer in equivalent sizes.
I wasn’t really expecting to be blown away by it, since it’s not, let’s say, exotic with its ‘standard’ schott’s naked cowhide. But I must say, I really really like it. The leather is nice and thick, smooth but still ‘responsive’. I have another schott (530) in their pebbled cowhide, and although it looks pretty good ootb, all of the life seems to have been tumbled out of it. All it does is drape really well, but it doesnt take any shape (very little to no creasing going on)
This 174s’ leather is really more interesting to me. It’s supple, exceptionally uniform in thickness and in (undeveloped) grain. It’s all new now, but I can see it developing quite a bit of character still. I find it really impressive how perfectly matched all the panels are. I don’t now if it’s with all these jackets or that I got lucky with this particular one. Also, I love the yellow-bronze liner, it really pops.
As for the fit, i went for M (5’11” 165lbs 40,5” chest) and i find it pretty good. Could have been a half inch longer for me i think, but ok, it’s the style. Range of motion is also a bit compromised with the lack of the action back, but a L would no longer put it an the ‘slim’ category for me, I believe. I think Schott is discontinuing this style, hence the discount. But if you like the style, I really recommend it A0820894-BD69-49DB-A695-160BFEA308A8.jpeg 0523C25C-830B-4EE1-BC2F-EF3736224311.jpeg ECAD9F7F-8F64-4EF3-86EA-8A1A17ADB898.jpeg

Attachments

• 8CC98A41-B3E3-4CFE-9296-55A49839227C.jpeg
    8CC98A41-B3E3-4CFE-9296-55A49839227C.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 655
  • FC5D005E-BFAC-45CD-90A5-74822E68003A.jpeg
    FC5D005E-BFAC-45CD-90A5-74822E68003A.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 747
  • 4F84480F-0115-4178-876A-6EFCE144F8C7.jpeg
    4F84480F-0115-4178-876A-6EFCE144F8C7.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 998
I had a few of many iterations of this jacket and one of 'em had straight up some of the nicest leather I've seen on a jacket. It's a fantastic piece, otherwise. Just does the job while looking great and I can see they've updated the fit cuz yours looks too good on you.

Filos

New in Town
I had a few of many iterations of this jacket and one of 'em had straight up some of the nicest leather I've seen on a jacket. It's a fantastic piece, otherwise. Just does the job while looking great and I can see they've updated the fit cuz yours looks too good on you.
Thank you!

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
yep, Schott 100 series leather. Some of the best around, period. Doesn't get talked about much around here, but I do toot its horn from time to time. Not good for bikers, but great fashion leather. And I saw the jacket in the LA store few months back. I'd say top 2 or 3 "to touch" leather I've ever felt and that was just hanging there without any wears. Gets better with time. And that's a perfect fit. Don't go trying to rationalize it :D

Filos

New in Town
Nice to read some of you have had similar experience with these jackets. I wasn’t sure going for this one, especially since I do like the perks of veg tan, but it spoke to me enough to take the plunge and I have no regrets.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Looks great on you

I was a hair away from pulling the trigger on one of these when a Thedi popped up in our classifieds that I couldn’t resist.

I’m also a big fan of the 100 series / naked leather Schott uses. I think this particular jacket is suffering from Schott’s own marketing hype around having a one-piece back…in this case it’s helping achieve a slimmer fit but Schott fans see the seam and take a pass

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Appears to be a bit like VW switching from RWD to FWD introducing their Golf/Rabbit...:)

Not being a Schott-Hool i don´t care much...;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk