Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott 641XX

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Noooo!!! You won't find a nicer looking CR! It's what Buco J-100 wants to be!
True - I prefer this Schott to any version of the J100.

But I have a very nice Brooks which is also to my eye much nicer than a J100 and lightweight leather as an added bonus!

the loco

One of the Regulars
I have an 641 (#42), not sure about the 641XX or the dimensions chart, but in comparative with a 689H (#40):

- I wear 34W jeans and while the 689H has very little space in the stomach area, the 641 has none with the liner. I can't use a hoodie with neither of them.
- In the upper area, the 641 has more space and more freedom of movement.
- About the sleeves, they are maybe half inch larger in the 641. The 641 is also much bigger in the upper part of the sleeves, while the 689H is more fitted in the wrist area, so in the 641 I use the sleeve zippers closed, while on the 689H I use them open.
- The shiny fqhh/bronze zippers of the 689H are sometimes too much for Montreal, while the matte steer/nickel zippers of the 641 is slightly more understated.

Ivan,

Did u end up getting the 641xx??

No, sadly... Never. Seb Lucas ruined it for me by posting the link to the HH version, after which I decided to save up a million dollar more for it and by the time I was more or less ready to buy it, the HH got sold out. I haven't given up on it, though - still at #1 on my priority list.

But now it's this one I'm saving for. XD
htc-sct-41881-09.jpg

Why do you ask? :)

Damo

A-List Customer
I was just curious.

I'm with you on the horsehide version. That one would be the best all around. It would look great off the bike and would handle the rain/elements.

I'm not sure why manufacturers make their products available in certain areas. I can't get over the range of Schott and Vanson jackets available outside of North America. they are made in USA but cannot be bought in the USA...

that's an interesting jacket you now fancy.

Yeah, Damo, that irks me most. They probably have thousands of these lying around in NJ, and all the other models they produce for the Nipponese market, ditto for Vanson, Langlitz, etc. and they won't sell it locally. I've asked around, apparently Schott will literally refuse to sell you a 641XX from the factory. Crazy... Especially 'cause that was their main CR line in the 60's, it's not like they've invented something exclusive for the overseas.

I wanted the HH version because I MUCH prefer Schott HH over their steer, and the price difference was worth it. I wonder if they'll ever release it again?

Damo

A-List Customer
Yeah, Damo, that irks me most. They probably have thousands of these lying around in NJ, and all the other models they produce for the Nipponese market, ditto for Vanson, Langlitz, etc. and they won't sell it locally. I've asked around, apparently Schott will literally refuse to sell you a 641XX from the factory. Crazy... Especially 'cause that was their main CR line in the 60's, it's not like they've invented something exclusive for the overseas.

I wanted the HH version because I MUCH prefer Schott HH over their steer, and the price difference was worth it. I wonder if they'll ever release it again?

Your guess is as good mine however, it really wouldn't be that difficult as they are already making them... Oh wait this is going full circle back to our original frustrations...

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No, sadly... Never. Seb Lucas ruined it for me by posting the link to the HH version, after which I decided to save up a million dollar more for it and by the time I was more or less ready to buy it, the HH got sold out. I haven't given up on it, though - still at #1 on my priority list.

But now it's this one I'm saving for. XD
htc-sct-41881-09.jpg

Why do you ask? :)
Going to Tokyo again end of next month. Want me to find out if they still have the 641xx HH?;)
http://blog.schott-nyc.jp/?eid=233042

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Not me but I did just sell my 641xx. I only own two leather jackets now. Now that leather jackets are so expensive the fun has left this hobby for me. I can afford the best but I can't justify the price. I have taken to Harris Tweed and work wear.

Last edited:

BobJ

Practically Family
Not me but I did just sell my 641xx. I only own two leather jackets now. Now that leather jackets are so expensive the fun has left this hobby for me. I can afford the best but I can't justify the price. I have taken to Harris Tweed and work wear.

Going to start wearing tweed?

I wear both, don't know which I love more.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up

That's funny Seb, I was kind of thinking the same thing recently. I have 7 leather jackets currently but will definitely get rid of two which don't fit anymore, and I reckon 5 is more than enough for me. There's only really a couple that I would like down the line like another A-2 for instance as I've grown out of mine in the shoulders, but that'll be well in the future as the better half hates knits, and I think it'll take years to turn her around, if at all.

I still love leather but I'm been thinking lately I'm really satisfied with what I have and I have pretty much something for every occasion, and I'd rather just wear those and work up the patina on them, rather than chopping and changing jackets.

Not saying that I don't enjoy seeing all the great jackets and new acquisitions on here, but for now, I reckon I'm done and I'm actually, the more I think about it, perfectly happy with that.

I'm just going to, pardon my French, wear the sh!t out of what I have and bloody well enjoy doing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy