Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott 654H Trojan

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Just some info on this Schott jacket if anyone else is looking for them on the used market.

IMG_2148.JPG
IMG_2149.JPG
IMG_2150.JPG
IMG_2172.JPG

I got this jacket used and the previous owner had deleted the belt loops and used snaps to cover up the stitch holes. He also did some spot works on the coin pocket which I thought was tastefully done. I plan to put the belt loops back on though. Everything else seems to be stock specs.

This one is a size 42, 19" Shoulder, 23.5" P2P, 21.5" hem, 24" back and 25" sleeves. Roomier fit.

Here is how it fits on me, 6' 180 lbs:

IMG_2300.JPG
IMG_2311.JPG
IMG_2326.JPG
IMG_2344.JPG

The bad: Zip sucks. I will need to replace it. It's the bad kind of number 10 YKK, jams at the start.
IMG_2163.JPG

It could've been this kind of (better) YKK number 10:
IMG_6095.JPG

The Good - Everything else! (Other than the zipper)

The horsehide is THICK. 3.5oz is my best guess. Good grains, medium hand temper, not too stiff not too soft. Overall construction is also very good. Shoulder seams are only single blind stitched but so are a lot of 50s repros I've seen. Everything just feels very solid.

I got this jacket from Japan Auction, for about USD 500. I don't think I can get anything like this for even double the money.

Nice Canuck, really nice. And you are right, the studs are tasteful. Too bad about the belt loops but the snap solution isn’t horrendous. great jacket .

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I think I will try to hand stitch it myself. I've got some snap repairs to do so it makes sense to invest in a snap tool. My local leather person is reasonably priced but it adds up for these smaller jobs.

Most likely I would have to add a patch on the inside hem and saddle stitch through the layers securing the new belt loops to the inside patch. That's the plan. Getting a snap tool first.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
It looks just like my Legendary USA branded one that is also made by Schott, same shiny horse hide:

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/legendary-products-inc-trojan-horse.96661/

Do you know when yours was made?

Edit: Actualy, yours has a different center seam in the back, weird that they changed that...
My best guess would be 2005 given the serial numbers ends in 05. This jacket came from Japan so it was probably a custom run for one of the Japanese retailers. I've also seen the Legendary one which I believe is the same jacket, just another custom run for Legendary stores.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
I think I will try to hand stitch it myself. I've got some snap repairs to do so it makes sense to invest in a snap tool. My local leather person is reasonably priced but it adds up for these smaller jobs.

Most likely I would have to add a patch on the inside hem and saddle stitch through the layers securing the new belt loops to the inside patch. That's the plan. Getting a snap tool first.
Canuck, There are l24 tools kits sell in ebay for less than 20 dollars. The kits include everything you need for the repair. Also, if you need the snaps sets, I will send to you some in black or Nickle. They are same that LW uses. DOT or Scoville.

Last edited:

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Canuck, There are l24 tools kits sell in ebay for less than 20 dollars. The kits include everything you need for the repair. Also, if you need the snaps sets, I will send to you in black or Nickle. They are same that LW uses. DOT or Scoville
Going to check them out now. Thanks!

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
My best guess would be 2005 given the serial numbers ends in 05. This jacket came from Japan so it was probably a custom run for one of the Japanese retailers. I've also seen the Legendary one which I believe is the same jacket, just another custom run for Legendary stores.

The label Schott is nice. The horse reminds me of the horse used by flight suits ltd.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Beautiful Schott, I will be on the lookout for one myself in the same size. Trojan has made most of my favourite cross zip patterns

newtojackets

Practically Family
Incredible jacket. Why does the Japanese market get the best schotts?

Also strange that the 654 is a cafe racer but the 654H is a cross-zip

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Schott definitely has some nice models that gets picked up by their Japanese retailers. Same with Vanson. There are a few nice Vansons I've not seen on this side of the Pacific either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider