Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

<<< Schott at it again >>>

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
This is pretty impressive and I’ve had a 641hh on my list for awhile now. Anyone else selling these besides Schott that might have some actual measurements posted on their site? Would really like to see that bottom hem number on the medium vs. a large. Any thoughts on the 26 inch length being just a hair too long for this style?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Not that long ago my 118 and 141 were flirting with the $1200 price point with the big guy up charges . As of late they have blown right past that level with some of their models.
They are getting that kind of money in other markets like Japan:
Image10.jpg

Where they market better stuff but also more expensive.

The USA market selection has always been solid. Maybe this is their testing water to bring in a new segment of audience/customers.

Things are much more expensive today than even just two years ago. That's just how things are. This new Shinki CR checks all the boxes. I hope they do well so they will keep on bringing out nicer stuff.

onstar

One of the Regulars
They are getting that kind of money in other markets like Japan:
View attachment 558923

Where they market better stuff but also more expensive.

The USA market selection has always been solid. Maybe this is their testing water to bring in a new segment of audience/customers.

Things are much more expensive today than even just two years ago. That's just how things are. This new Shinki CR checks all the boxes. I hope they do well so they will keep on bringing out nicer stuff.

Why does Japan always get the better stuff?

Schott makes a far better jacket than they ever get credit for. As good as anybody else IMO. Better actually in some ways. That said I wouldn’t pay the asking price for this jacket (or most any other tbh). The shinki allure/money marketing grab won’t work on me. I’ve never found the 141/641 pattern to be all that great …and in all fairness CR’s in general are the height of boredom for me at this point. It’s certainly a nice jacket but feels rather redundant overall.

Put a collar that touches each shoulder seam on it and do something cool with the back and I might change my tune.

And give me a fancy cuff.

Slapping a shinki paint job on an old pattern…meh.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Schott makes a far better jacket than they ever get credit for. As good as anybody else IMO. Better actually in some ways. That said I wouldn’t pay the asking price for this jacket (or most any other tbh). The shinki allure/money marketing grab won’t work on me. I’ve never found the 141/641 pattern to be all that great …and in all fairness CR’s in general are the height of boredom for me at this point. It’s certainly a nice jacket but feels rather redundant overall.

Put a collar that touches each shoulder seam on it and do something cool with the back and I might change my tune.

And give me a fancy cuff.

Slapping a shinki paint job on an old pattern…meh.
Even though I like my CR, I have to agree with you that they are a bit boring compared to the other jackets. Funnily enough, that's what came into my head these days and you write it.

Emphasis

New in Town
This is pretty impressive and I’ve had a 641hh on my list for awhile now. Anyone else selling these besides Schott that might have some actual measurements posted on their site? Would really like to see that bottom hem number on the medium vs. a large. Any thoughts on the 26 inch length being just a hair too long for this style?
Schott's customer service email has always been pretty good in sending spec sheets to me listing the dimensions for each size of a model that I ask about.

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
Schott's customer service email has always been pretty good in sending spec sheets to me listing the dimensions for each size of a model that I ask about.
Good idea. I’ve got to ask JerrI about something else anyway so I’ll at least try to get the medium and large size specs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner