Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott limited Shinki HH Perfecto. Only 68 will be made

Kfz

Familiar Face
Hi anyone has personal experience will Schott really only going to make 68 copies? If so what those 68 copies ($1680)will be on the used market worth 2-3 years ? Do anyone has first hand experience on on limited edition jackets like these?

Attachments

• 02B9C7BB-95BA-4DDA-9849-458E335DCB2E.jpeg
    02B9C7BB-95BA-4DDA-9849-458E335DCB2E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 65
  • 806C32E2-4377-45D6-8D6A-CF3D5CF5C8C3.png
    806C32E2-4377-45D6-8D6A-CF3D5CF5C8C3.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 86

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
They do limited runs from time to time. The value depends, but it probably doesn't go up like you'd think it would if you've followed speculative collectors markets like baseball cards or video games or art.

If you wait, you'll find one for sale one in a great while, and the price will vary.

Several years ago Schott and Context did a collaboration using natural horween cxl horsehide and their original 1928 D-pocket Perfecto pattern. They were around $1k new, limited run of 50 jackets, but it's unclear whether that was 50 in each size or 50 total; and you'll see them on ebay once in a while. Usually for unrealistic prices, but when they actually sell its often for less than you'd think.

I got super lucky on mine, and won it with a bid of $405 after some cancelations on the auction. I think there was a shill bidder who got canceled, or someone canceled their own bid after running the price up, with 24 hours left, and miraculously it stayed low and I got it for about what any common Schott jacket would go for. That was very lucky, but I've since seen them sell at around $800, and go unsold for $1200-1600+.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Update pic?

It's been a while... next time I have it out, I'll take some and update the original thread. I don't want to take this thread off-topic.

I like this shinki Schott. I'm not crazy about the center seam back panel, but it says they redesigned the back to fit better, and I can't argue with how it looks on their model. If I didn't already have a bajillion motorcycle jackets, it'd be tempting, although the price is offputting.

Hi anyone has personal experience will Schott really only going to make 68 copies? If so what those 68 copies ($1680)will be on the used market worth 2-3 years ? Do anyone has first hand experience on on limited edition jackets like these?
The first run of Shinki jackets was an absolute dud. Prospecting on them is difficult. Never plan on making money on a jacket you buy, you will likely be disappointed or stuck with it for a very long time, ultimately acquiescing to what the market dictates. There are plenty of fools on ebay and other auction sites sitting on sales for years and years upon end. I personally don't like the jacket in question at all. It looks out of proportion and the multi-panel back in just plain ugly. They'd have been better off doing something more akin to a bootlegger and let the leather do the talking. But tbh the leather doesn't do anything for me either...so I don't know.

Kfz

Familiar Face
Wondering if the very limited (68) will at least hold there value better than usual jackets? The usual great condition used Real McCoy jackets sell for about amazing 70% of their new value!

Wondering if the very limited (68) will at least hold there value better than usual jackets? The usual great condition used Real McCoy jackets sell for about amazing 70% of their new value!
Not always true...I've seen RMC go for less than half. Depends where ou look and who is looking. A lot depends on the size too. If you have something in the 40"-44" range your chances are far better at making a sale. Extremes either way (generally) sell slower and often for less than the middle size range equivaents. I also wouldn't bank on the value of (vague term alert) "Shinki". This imprecise descriptor isn't much of anything on it's own.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up

I don't think so.
Even the Schott 1928 special edition sells for less than 50% of new price, and it is nicer jacket.
This one is just a randome throw away design like the 125, other than the Shinki buzz word there is nothing special about it.
I think that in a few years it will all be forgotten and it won't be that valuable.

Rgcards

A-List Customer
The first run of Shinki jackets was an absolute dud. Prospecting on them is difficult. Never plan on making money on a jacket you buy, you will likely be disappointed or stuck with it for a very long time, ultimately acquiescing to what the market dictates. There are plenty of fools on ebay and other auction sites sitting on sales for years and years upon end. I personally don't like the jacket in question at all. It looks out of proportion and the multi-panel back in just plain ugly. They'd have been better off doing something more akin to a bootlegger and let the leather do the talking. But tbh the leather doesn't do anything for me either...so I don't know

I agree these arent going to be collectors items. But im confuses why you hate the 673H. Maybe back seams ruin it for you, but I love mine(that i got for 50% on ebay)

I agree these arent going to be collectors items. But im confuses why you hate the 673H. Maybe back seams ruin it for you, but I love mine(that i got for 50% on ebay)
I don’t hate it, I just think slapping a shinki label does not justify the prices they (or any other maker using it) are asking. I’m not a huge fan of shinki hides to begin with. IMO they are wildly overrated and Schott is merely attempting to capitalize on the furor around a rather banal hide. That part I definitely do hate.

Rgcards

A-List Customer
I don’t hate it, I just think slapping a shinki label does not justify the prices they (or any other maker using it) are asking. I’m not a huge fan of shinki hides to begin with. IMO they are wildly overrated and Schott is merely attempting to capitalize on the furor around a rather banal hide. That part I definitely do hate.

I agree the shinkin stuff is silly. But it probably is more expensive to make, and they are in business to make money. The markup over another horsehide from schott is probably 40%. That's probably 300 dollars more profit. Not really outrageous, many companies make limited edition s and charge a premium. But I think the jacket itself is a nice classic design, the schott 673 in black horsehids wit one pocket instead of 2. Don't really get the negative comments on the style

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner