Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott's Customer Service

MKB

New in Town
I'd just like to give two thumbs up to Schott's customer service, particularly Gail. I recently acquired a mid- to late seventies Perfecto One Star and e-mailed Schott's customer service to ask about the possibility of purchasing a set of epaulet stars, as the ones from my jacket were missing. Gail was very quick in her response to me, offering additional information on the manufacturing details. In addition, she is now sending me the set of stars free of charge. A class lady, working for a class company.

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
very cool...nice to hear that not only did they do that, but they had the parts available to keep their vintage jackets in proper condition as people continue to wear them!

AngryNJ

Familiar Face
Yes, Gail is very helpful. The Schott website has a very active forum/messageboard where Gail is always answering questions about vintage Schott jackets that people buy on ebay and elsewhere. She goes above and beyond in helping people out. If you have any questions about a vintage schott jacket, Gail will answer your question very fast on the forums over there.

garzo

One of the Regulars
Last year I asked Gail about getting the waistband on my Schott 184 SM replaced. The jacket was not that old but the waistband had seemed kind of loose since I had bought the jacket new.
Unfortunately being in Germany, I was not able to send the jacket in for repair because Schott only accepts repair jobs from within the U.S. (with the possibility of trouble and high prices with international shipping, I could understand not wanting to deal with the headaches.).
Suffice to say, Gail asked for my address and sent me not only a new waistband but also matching knit wrist cuffs free of charge. That was really cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner