Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I have been collecting leather jackets ever since I bought my first from a market vendor in Florence, Italy, over two decades ago. Despite the excessive number of jackets I've acquired over the years (perhaps not excessive by some FL members' standards), most of which are of high quality, I have never owned an Aero... until now.

I picked up this Board Racer along with the Vanson Chopper I posted about a few days ago, from the same seller on ebay. It shows no signs of wear and the tag says it was made in 2018, so I got a basically new jacket for a *good* price, relatively speaking.

Since this is a jacket style that's had plenty of posts on TFL already and isn't custom, I don't see the need to go into a whole lot of detail, as most of you will already be familiar with the style and leather characteristics. It's a Board Racer of Thurston Bros' specifications, in Dark Seal Vicenza, size 40.

This is the first Aero I've seen in person, having only lusted after them online over the years. The quality and attention to detail are as high as everyone makes them out to be. I especially like the olive thread and surprisingly soft (fuzzy?) pocket lining.

I knew the Vicenza HH was a medium weight leather, but I was hoping it was a bit heavier than it is. It arrived in the same box as the Comp Weight Chopper, which probably affected how lightweight it felt upon initial inspection. I am happy with the color and grain though and can tell it will become all the more beautiful with age. I have enough heavier jackets to wear when that's what I'm in the mood for.

My only complaint about the jacket is that it's missing the leather zipper pulls. I fashioned one for the main zipper with some leather I had on hand, but it's not great. Thankfully, Carrie is sending me zipper pulls in matching leather, so my homemade one is a temporary solution. Shout out to Carrie for the excellent customer service.

I'm happy with the fit, as I can comfortably wear a sweater under it, but it also looks good with just a t-shirt. I'm looking forward to making this part of my regular rotation.

Sorry for the poor lighting and camera angle on the fit pics. I didn't feel like going outside.

To the OP; That's a perfect fit! That's a great all around jacket! The dark seal is so cool too. fCongratulations on a great pick up.

The fit and jacket look perfect. This and @Jin431 's Field jacket are probably my two favorite CR fit pics!
Thanks man! Can't wait to see your FL jacket

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points